We are a 40+ person team building tools that help thousands of businesses streamline their social media management. Recently listed as one of the “Top 50 Best Products for Marketers” and classified as a Leader in our category on G2, at Sendible, it’s our mission to help agencies work closely with their clients to breathe life into their brands using the power of social media. 🚀
For a behind-the-scenes look at what it’s like working at Sendible and how we build products, check out The Sendible Insider Podcast.
💡 The Opportunity
Are you passionate about Front-end technologies? Do you enjoy mentoring other developers?
If that’s the case, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a fast-growing company in an exciting space (social media) and be a part of Sendible’s Development team!
As a Lead Front-end Developer you will report directly to the CTO and you’ll be responsible for driving the front-end development practice in the company.
By collaborating with the CTO and other Lead Developers, you will be at the centre of the technical and architectural decisions to maintain current features and build new products.
🤝 About You
- At least 5 years of front-end solutioning experience required, including experience building applications from scratch and leading a small team.
- Passionate about front-end development and continuously looking for improvements in our practices and tools.
- Willing to share knowledge and help other developers grow.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
We are committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career and we strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.
Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company.
Bonus Skills & Experience:
- Good understanding of social media and social media dashboards.
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) products.
- Experience with Jira and Github
- Experience with C# and Ruby
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with iOS (Swift) or Android.
✅ What your future at Sendible looks like
In your 1st month, you’ll:
- Have completed Sendible’s product training and onboarding program.
- Get to know the Sendible team and learn the nuts and bolts of the business, our history and where we’re going.
- Spend time shadowing our customer-facing teams to develop a strong understanding of our users, the issues they face and their needs.
- Dive into Sendible’s technology by learning how our platform works, how our development team works and how it interacts with customer facing teams and other teams within the business.
- Have a good understanding of our current front-end technology stack.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Take ownership of our front-end development practice with the help of front-end developers.
- Bring your experience, ideas, and vision to the development team.
- Be involved in the development of our next platform.
- Have a complete understanding of how we work and our development processes.
- Have a good working knowledge of the platform and social media best practices.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Manage up to 2 developers.
- Build the technical roadmap with other leads and the CTO.
- Continuously drive improvement in our front-end development practice.
💻 Why work with us
- Work remotely or from our HQ and create your own schedule (we believe in trust and autonomy).
- 25 days paid holiday per year, plus one bonus day for your birthday.
- Profit-sharing bonuses (if the company does well and you played a big part, you’ll be rewarded).
- Gain incredible experience building a truly successful, global SaaS company with a dedicated, small team where you can have a huge impact!
We have a low staff turnover rate — a large portion of the team has been at Sendible for 5+ years. But, your voice matters to us.
We like hearing fresh perspectives and appreciate new viewpoints, so you should feel comfortable speaking up and not be afraid to drive change and challenge the status quo. If something sucks and can be done better, we want to hear!
🌐 How we work
Sendible is a UK corporation and our head office is based in London but we are building a distributed team, and you can work from anywhere in the world for this role.
Of course, if you’re based in London, you are welcome to work from our HQ which is fully equipped with free fruit and snacks, excellent coffee, standing desks, video games, and pool, but we also allow team members to work from wherever they are most productive
⚡ How to get our attention when you apply
Introduce yourself to us as a colleague. Show us what your future could look like here! We value authenticity, so be yourself, be creative, and take your time with the application.
Tell us why you want this particular job. Tell us about:
- Why you love Front-end Development.
- A time you mentored another developer and how you helped them grow.
- Why you want to work at Sendible and not somewhere else.
- A time you taught yourself a new skill to complete a job or project.
So, if you want to join Herve, Adam, Heidi, and the rest of our Development Team in helping to bring real value to users through the products and solutions we develop, please submit your application!