This role is 100% remote. We are looking for Senior Software Developers from the EU and Australia who have experience as team or tech lead.
Full time (contract)
MUST speak fluent English
BibliU is a digital learning platform that is changing the future of the multi-billion-dollar textbook industry. Our mission is to shake up higher education and make reading materials more accessible and learning more effective. We do this by making textbooks and monographs more affordable for students, so that in most cases, they are included in tuition costs. We have incorporated accessibility features to accommodate multiple learning styles and the different needs and preferences of each student.
BibliU has grown rapidly, and during this time we have created Europe’s largest digital education content programme, in partnership with Coventry University. Upon entering the US market, we have secured the largest digital textbook programmes in the US with Phoenix and Grand Canyon Universities.
We work with over 60% of universities in the United Kingdom, and are steadily growing in the US . We have recently raised $10 million in a Series A investment round (you can read more about this on Sky News and EdSurge) and have ambitious plans for continued growth and expansion.
Our team of 60+, of which half the senior management team are women, are currently seeking engineers to work within a global, cross-functional, product-driven team.
About the teams
At BibliU we operate with a number of different Engineering teams. You would be joining either the Library team or the Content & Scalability team, depending on your interests and depending on your timezone. These two teams often collaborate on features but are self-sufficient and responsible for different services within our stack. You will be leading and mentoring a team, with your time focused on both technical and team lead responsibilities.
The Institution Engineering Team
The main responsibilities of this team are to:
- Build out our product offering for librarians at a number of universities and educational institutions
- Build integrations with third party software, identity providers and customer APIs
- Maintain a healthy development stack
- Develop technical solutions to allow internal teams to configure, sell and support our product
The Content Engineering Team
The team is responsible for:
- Services that process the eBooks on the platform, so they can be rendered in the BibliU application,
- Services that process and expose the metadata and pricing information of content,
- Tools and other products (e.g. dashboards) that internal teams use,
- Building our services to scale with the ever growing needs of the industry in mind