We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to help us in pushing our product to the next level. You’ll be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from prototyping the product experience, pairing with engineering during development, creating pixel-perfect designs, and working with customers to understand gaps in the user experience. You will have tremendous responsibility over the vision, design, and functionality of the Postscript product.
In this role, you will utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills. Perhaps even more importantly, as the first product designer on our team you will establish and lead our product design culture and processes. You will have a significant influence on our product and team that will translate to lasting impact for our customers.
- Design for Postscript’s core product experience across our web application, our customers’ store fronts, and other platforms
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and translate them into something useful and valuable for our customers
- Design and communicate your vision to the team using mock-ups, documentation, and prototypes
- Advocate for consistently great user experience across our platform by representing our users in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Establish and grow the product design team by actively partaking in hiring and mentoring responsibilities
- Understand and own success metrics for relevant product design areas
- Participate and shape the design team’s culture by helping define best practices and standardizing processes
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping world-class products across various platforms
- A portfolio of design projects that shows a deep understanding of design process, strong craft skills, and inspirational visual design
- Experience working closely with product engineering teams
- Experience building processes around rapid design iteration and design collaboration
- Previous experience working in an early-stage software startup
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX process, including wire-framing, prototyping, user research, and design systems