Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Content Strategy team at Coinbase works to educate and inspire current and future customers about the benefits of crypto and current and future employees about Coinbase values. Our educational multimedia content lives inside and outside of the product and supports Retail, Institutional, and Parent Co brand and acquisition efforts.
We’re looking for a seasoned Content lead with expertise designing, building, and scaling content systems at a fast-growing, category-defining company. You will lead efforts to apply a consistent Coinbase voice inside our educational content that informs and inspires retail customers.
Coinbase is the leader of an entirely new industry and every choice we make with our words must be intentional, considered, and consistent—that’s how we maintain the hard-won trust we’ve earned over the course of our 8 years. This person should be equally comfortable drafting clear and impactful copy—in short and long form—as they are in articulating the “why” behind the words, workshopping, refining, and defending frameworks they’ve created to make decisions.
The ideal candidate will have the right combination of vision, ambition, judgement, editorial chops, flexibility, creative ideas, and strategic thinking. We’re looking for someone with a keen ability to prioritize, separate internal signal from noise, and quickly and efficiently determine where and how to focus efforts for maximum impact. The person should be the world’s most meticulous words geek to ensure all content is relatable, accurate, and actionable.
This role reports into the Director of Content Strategy and Creative Services and will work closely with Designers and Product Managers to align on prioritization across Coinbase product needs.
What You’ll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Write and/or oversee writing of educational long-form SEO-driving content
- Conceive, storyboard, and write educational in-app tutorials
- Manage and direct external writing vendors doing the script-writing and storyboarding for Coinbase Earn campaigns
- Social media content associated with retail product initiatives
- Lead the editorial calendar process for all retail initiatives across products and channels, including blog, tutorials, social media launches, etc
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Experience managing cross-functional initiatives involving multiple stakeholders across the organization.
- A hands’ on approach as a “builder.” In shades of gray, you are comfortable devising an informed point of view. You don’t need firm guidelines in place in order to get started. In fact, you are happy to put something down that everyone can work from.
- demonstrated ability to understand complex subject matter such as financial instruments and market dynamics, along with the skills needed to simplify and explain these topics for a broad audience of stakeholders.
- Systems thinking. Demonstrable skill and knack for articulating the “why” and “how,” not just the “what.” An understanding of how to scale writing by creating guidelines and “source code.”
- Analytic rigor; a high bar for integrity, trust and quality; and a guiding curiosity to stay on the cutting edge of this fast-moving world.
- A strategic mindset. You should bring creative solutions to every problem and never see a challenge as insurmountable.
- A passion for crypto and the economic freedom it can offer. Our mission is to create an open financial system for the world—we want you to help.
- Curiosity and an open mind. We’re a culture of learners and we welcome a humble approach.
- Allergy to jargon and relentless push for accuracy. We care about what we say and how we say it. Every word matters.
Nice to haves
- Experience in FinTech, crypto or traditional financial services.
- 8-10 years relevant work experience in house at a technology company.