We are seeking a Marketing Communications Manager (AKA”Director of Financial Education”) who would love to help us plan, strategize, execute and promote entertaining and educational content to our clients and, well, frankly, the entire world.
The Director of Financial Education will own the creation and direction of all content marketing initiatives across multiple platforms and formats. The ultimate goal of these efforts is to increase website traffic and drive engagement, generate qualified prospects, assist with client retention and encourage client referrals (if our clients are happy, we’d like to make their friends happy too!).
You will play a major role in defining our brand story, and you will develop consistent messaging for how that story is shared and communicated. You will also have an obsession for content performance, reporting, and analytics. We like numbers and data and tracking trends and trust you will too!
You will lead the development of all forms of our content initiatives with a publisher/media/journalist mindset to drive new business potential and cultivate new opportunities with our current client base through your work.
You are the right candidate if you have both the curiosity and drive of a teacher, with a love of learning, writing, and communicating in all forms. You will explore the multitude of possibilities in how our content reaches the world – should it be a video, an article, email or even an infographic – and will then deliver this content in a fresh, innovative manner, tracking outcomes and measuring results.
As Director of Financial Education you will:
- Guide our website visitors on a journey through our content, engaging them with relevant material and holding their attention through the story. In short, “tell our good story well.”
- Disseminate all content through appropriate channels and develop a purposeful journey for people to interact with and learn from.
- Interview internal and external subject matter experts for ideas and content development, and publish weekly content, be it copy, video, podcast, guide or infographic.
- Manage the all-important content calendar and cultivate resources, internally and externally, that will assist in writing, designing and editing all content media.
- Oversee an internal Content Committee that will assist with content generation and the review and approval of materials.
- Enhance, use and measure our search engine optimization (SEO) efforts, from coming up with appropriate SEO and click-worthy titles to the best use of article copy. As a showing of your attention to detail (by reading this) and your creativity, in your cover letter please retitle a few articles on the Glassman website or our Forbes page.
- Engage social media and video platforms for more community engagement and long-term content promotion and manage all aspects of our email marketing efforts.
- Own the analytics and reporting for marketing efforts and measure all external interactions with the content.
- Provide general updates to website content, as well as enhancements to how our content is published, including new pages, calls-to-action placement and landing pages and conversion opportunities for prospect generation.
- Seek ongoing professional development tools and continued education in relevant areas.
How success will be measured:
The Director of Financial Education will be measured on the continual improvement and nurturing of online engagement, as well as the increase in new prospective clients through the consistent development and deployment of content.
Specific measurements of this criteria include:
- The absolute number of pieces of content produced and shared and the traction by which they develop qualified prospective client inquiries and enhance engagement with clients.
- Growth in website traffic; specifically, organic reach and other inbound traffic sources.
- Social media positive sentiment metrics.
- Client feedback through survey data.
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
- Clearly defining content distribution channels for particular stages of interaction with Glassman Wealth (current clients, prospective clients, media relations).
Success also will be measured in how you learn from the data, devise a plan forward, lead creative solutions once multiple strategies have been tested, and provide continual improvements along the way. We are a passionate and curious team and like to be at the forefront of new resources, platforms and technologies and ideally this is just as exciting to you.
- You know or are willing to learn finance-related subject matter. Previous experience with financial content is a plus, but is not required.
- You have impeccable writing and editorial skills, with an outstanding command of the English language.
- You are a master story-teller using words, images, graphics or video, and are equally adept at understanding how to create content that draws and keeps an audience.
- You think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- You have developed a network of writers, editors and designers that you can access, as needed.
- You have a passion for, and curiosity about, new technology tools and usage of those tools within blogs and social media outreach.
- You are able to clearly articulate the business goal behind the creation of each piece (or series) of content.
- You have superb project management skills that enable you to manage editorial schedules and deadlines. You also possess a strong knowledge of principles of marketing.
- You have incredible people skills! We share a vision for enriching the lives of our clients and you must as well.
- You will ditch the traditional sales pitch and determine how to best tell the relevant brand and customer story.
Your Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Media or related communications field, or a deep and relevant experience in one or more of these fields.
- A focus on financial services and topics relevant to the finance industry is preferred.
- Management experience is preferred.
- An open mindset towards finance, marketing, publishing and technology, leading at all times with a “client-first” mentality. In essence, the content manager is our external educator and must be empathetic with respect to the pain points of our target audience.
- Full command of common editorial style guides, e.g. AP Style, Chicago Manual of Style, etc.
- The wherewithal to deliver as a remote worker, accustomed to that work style, though ideally you are also located in the Mid-Atlantic for on-site availability as needed.