Attentive is a mobile messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $110 million Series C investment led by Sequoia and IVP—two of the world’s leading venture firms—in early 2020, less than 8 months after its Series B round due to strong customer traction. We’ve seen 347% customer growth in just one year, and now work with 1000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, Party City, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is seeking an ambitious Marketing Manager, focused on customer growth and retention, to join our team. This person will be responsible for identifying opportunities and executing cross-functional initiatives that increase client happiness and build the Attentive customer community. This will involve a combination of strategic planning and creative execution, working in close collaboration with Client Strategy, Product Marketing, and other members of the Marketing team.
The Marketing Manager will be customer-obsessed, and report into the Director of Customer Marketing to help manage all marketing activities that drive customer growth and create long-lasting happy customer relationships.
- Manage various client communications in partnership with Product Marketing, such as onboarding and education, announcements, event invitations, webinars and more, through our marketing automation platform (Hubspot) and customer forum.
- Nurture customer relationships throughout lifecycle and retention touchpoints including welcome/onboarding, anniversaries/milestones, holidays, and referrals.
- Help scale our client advisory board and think through strategies to foster a group of mobile messaging evangelists.
- Support Client Strategy team with creative ideas, custom marketing materials, and high-touch campaigns to drive top-tier client growth and strategic relationship building.
- Work cross-functionally to establish processes to improve and maintain accuracy of client data in our CRM (Salesforce).
- Identify customer advocates for customer reference requests from prospects.
- Partner with Client Strategy and Content Marketing teams to identify success stories and create case studies.
- Assist with tracking effectiveness of our customer new business referral program and execute initiatives that build customer advocacy.
- Collaborate with our Event Marketing team to identify and secure opportunities for clients to attend and speak at industry and proprietary events, such as tradeshows, Attentive-hosted summits and roadshows, and Client Advisory Board meetings.
- Consistently track the ROI effectiveness of each client marketing activity.
- 3-5+ years B2B marketing experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with marketing automation tools to create and send email campaigns, develop nurture/welcome programs, and more. Hubspot experience is a plus.
- Robust experience across marketing fundamentals, with excellent writing and analytical skills
- Experience with fostering and engaging an online customer community
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to own and manage multiple projects and campaigns from beginning to end.
- Ability to work cross-functionally across Marketing, Sales, Product Marketing and Client Strategy to execute on customer engagement programs
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Past startup experience a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust benefits package including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunch, customized snacks and drinks, cold-brew coffee and kombucha on tap (once office reopens)
- Excellent team offsites, regular company-wide social events (virtual and in-person)
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration