Who we are
We are a digital service design agency with strong technical delivery capabilities with ambitious growth plans. We’ve been helping the government, charities, corporations, and start-ups to achieve their digital goals since 2009. We like to do work that has a positive impact on society, and many of our projects have a social-good aspect to them.
Relationships, innovation, and quality are at the core of who we are. We believe that by forming positive relationships with colleagues and clients, we can be better than the sum of our parts. Our focus on human-centred design helps us find smart solutions to our clients’ problems. Our dedication to quality means the services and products we create always leave people smiling.
Flexible and remote working
From the very beginning, we established effective remote working practices. It provides a better work-life balance and gives our people more autonomy. It opens up opportunities for people who otherwise would not be able to work with us and helps us do our bit in preserving the environment. As long as you can make it to the office or client’s site for meetings, you can choose to work from home as much as you wish.
What is it like being a UX Designer at Bit Zesty?
At Bit Zesty, being a Mid-Senior Level UX Designer is about design thinking, collaboration and following best UX practices. It is about creating digital products and services - including web apps, websites and mobile apps - that meet our clients’ user and organisational needs.
Depending on your exact skills and experience, you will do some of the below activities:
- Work closely with Product/Project Managers and clients helping them realise their product vision.
- Create user journey maps and service blueprints to get a shared understanding.
- Sketch, wireframe, prototype by following UX best practices, for example, those advocated by GDS or NNG.
- Conduct user research work - including user interviews, usability tests, surveys, research reports, and personas.
- Keep up to date with the latest UX and Service Design practices and contribute to the company’s blog.
You would love this role if you are:
- Experienced as a User Experience Designer.
- Passionate about good UX - appreciation of NNG & GDS practices is a bonus.
- An analytical thinker, who enjoys problem-solving and learning new industries as well as complex domains.
- Happy to work on projects of all sizes and shapes, from a quick one-page prototype to multi-designer six-month research and design project.
- Empathetic with the users, but considerate of organisational needs.
- Comfortable working under time pressure and meeting deadlines.
As a Bit Zesty team member, you should also be:
- Customer experience orientated - we strive to provide an excellent experience for the end-users, our customers and our teammates.
- Committed to quality - whether it is award-winning designs, robust code or well-written email, we never cut corners.
- Task-focused - for us it is about getting the job done, rather than watching the clock.
- Flexible - we are not fazed by changing priorities or requirements and are comfortable with a level of uncertainty.
- Honest - we value sincerity and openness.
What do we offer in return?
- Opportunity to work mostly remotely (unless you prefer to be office based).
- Office in trendy and easy to reach central London location (Kings Cross/Islington).
- 25 days holiday, birthday day off (+ bank holidays).
- Medical insurance.
- Gym membership.
- Training/conference budget.
- Free bar to unwind after a busy day (when in the office).
- Roof terrace for hot summer days (when in the office).
- Competitive salary depending on relevant experience and working arrangements.
Are you intrigued? Please send us your CV and portfolio. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements or your portfolio is not ready, we’d love to hear from you.