Voodle is the short video app for business. Teams use Voodle to capture, share and discover important business moments as they happen.
Voodle is reimagining how teams can build and share knowledge and connection using short videos. Our vision is that Voodle can bring human feeling, emotion, and context into our work communications. It’s the fastest and most effective way for diverse teams to collaborate. We are backed by Madrona Venture Group, Vulcan Ventures, Raine Ventures, and the corporate venture groups from Microsoft, Cisco, and Hearst.
We have a strong commitment to building company culture, and our company values help guide us in everyday decisions.
- Be the protagonist: We pursue individual accountability and demonstrate leadership through action, risk taking, and driving outcomes.
- Inclusivity mindset: We seek and embrace diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and points of view. We are better together.
- Customer centricity: We live to delight voodlers and improve their work lives.
How do you know if Voodle is the place for you?
- Our mission, vision, and values resonate with you.
- You go all in. You live for scary goals and do everything you can to achieve them.
- You act like a Voodler. Voodlers are optimistic, candid, autonomous, genuine, curious, super productive, excellent at what they do, impatient, a bit weird, strangely comfortable with ambiguity, and universally obsessed with podcasts. We make each other better.
- Your impact is felt; people notice when you aren’t there.
- You have good judgement and people trust you. You don’t need a lot of rules and policies to know the right thing to do.
- You recognize that change is hard, but you sign up anyway to be part of a dynamic startup environment where change is a constant. Voodlers say “yes” and run towards our collective goals.
- You are interested in joining this team as a full-time hire.
- You speak, read, and write English fluently and you are excited to work a Pacific Timezone workday.
- You are able to legally work in the United States.
About the Mobile Developer position
We are looking for an experienced Mobile Developer with a passion for mobile applications to join our highly-collaborative, fully-remote team. You will assist our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. You’ll help us build an engaging, high-quality product experience for our growing community. You will work closely with other app development and technical teams.
As a Mobile Developer, you will be responsible for core development efforts for our consumer-facing Android and iOS apps.
You should be able to write clean code and ensure your applications run properly. We also expect you to be passionate about pushing mobile technologies to the limits and perform well working in a dynamic environment. We would love to see samples of your work. If you’ve got something to share with us, please make sure your resume or application links to your GitHub account or an app in the App/Play store.
- Create and maintain advanced applications for the Android and iOS platforms
- Work together with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Efficiently use REST APIs
- Create and execute unit tests on your code, to ensure its robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Troubleshoot issues, fix bugs and improve application performance
- Explore and utilize new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- 4+ years’ experience developing mobile consumer software applications, with a strong understanding of the mobile ecosystem, and a customer-focused attitude
- A proven track record of high efficiency and quality in software design, coding, testing, and debugging.
- Be independent, hardworking, and capable of working towards results across teams
- Familiarity with analyzing crash reports and debugging remote user issues with limited context
- Experience with media capture & playback on a range of devices a huge plus
Proficiency in one or more of the following skills preferred:
- Android: Kotlin, Java, Android ViewModel, Retrofit, moshi, SQLite experience (ideally via Room), RecyclerView / ConstraintLayout or similar dynamic UI
- iOS: Xcode, Swift, SwiftUI, UIKit, AVPlayer/AVFoundation, CocoaPods, TestFlight