NerdWallet is seeking a data-driven and analytical professional for our Data Analytics team. This individual will focus on providing digital data solutions and innovations to help grow our business. Successful candidates will partner with Product teams to uncover data-driven insights, and will be expected to understand and contribute to all aspects of NerdWallet’s data. Ideal candidates will be passionate, flexible and interested in the power of FinTech to improve consumers’ lives.
Where you can make an impact:
- Lead highly visible analytics projects for the NerdWallet Mobile App and Web with a focus on driving personalized customer experiences.
Projects might include:
- Targeting users with personalized financial products Creating user-tailored shopping experiences across visits
- Retention analysis to understand drivers and risks
- Partner with Product to understand business strategy, challenges and goals, and discover areas for opportunity.
- Work alongside Product and Engineering counterparts to ensure proper tracking of instrumentation of new products or features.
- Serve as a leader in defining metric calculations; partner with Business Intelligence Engineers on development of self-serve dashboards to monitor KPIs and success metrics.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sister analytics teams at NerdWallet to leverage shared platforms, best practices, and insights and innovations.
- Surface insights and present results to business leaders using a variety of tools – Tableau/Looker, Office Suite slides, spreadsheets, etc.
- Highly productive: Work independently on a day-to-day basis. This role is intended for somebody who will take meaningful responsibility and initiative for our business metrics.
- Structured thinker: Understand the key drivers to our business and identify how to modify them to improve business metrics.
- Consumer-first and positive thinker: You’re motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment – business decisions here can connect and impact millions of users.
- Strong multi-tasker and prioritizer: Experience (and preferably an enjoyment of) balancing numerous different priorities and demands.
- Positive and adaptable: Demonstrate flexibility and a constructive attitude with shifting business needs and personal responsibilities.
- BA/BS degree, (Masters preferred) preferably in a quantitative field like Math, Statistics or Economics
- 2 - 4+ years of experience in a quantitative role, preferably at a consumer technology company
- Solid understanding of customer-centric Product analysis
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Expert in SQL and handling big data (experience with Python or other scripting languages is a plus)
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, Looker, Qlikview, etc.)
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend