Forem is looking for its next mobile software engineer. The ideal candidate would be one who specializes in Android App development, but is also capable of contributing to an iOS project. Forem is a fast-growing company that is looking to increase mobile adoption over the coming year — we need a mobile software engineer who can hit the ground running and help make that happen. You will be the second mobile focused engineer on our engineering team. For that reason, we need an individual who is an independent self-starter and can take charge in helping us develop and grow our mobile applications.
- Ship and maintain the Forem Android mobile app
- Maintain Forem core interface SDK for Android
- Help triage and patch mobile-related bugs and feature requests in iOS and Android Forem projects
- All of the above in collaboration with other Forem employees and the wider open source community
Skills or Experience We’d Like to See
- Android app development
Experience using the Kotlin programming language
- Familiarity with Gradle
- Experience in shipping reusable frameworks for Android projects is a plus
iOS app development
- Experience using the Swift programming language
- A basic understanding of web development
DEV Community is the fastest growing social network for software developers. The DEV mission and brand is defined by helping all software workers achieve their goals and find community while building towards something bigger together.
We’re a company that values emotional intelligence, learning and growth. We hire diverse, well-rounded and communicative people who want to build an inclusive software ecosystem as badly as we do.
Forem is open source software for building inclusive communities. It powers platforms such as the DEV Community, among many others. The platform is flexible and hardened by the scrutiny of thousands of developers. To learn more about the future of Forem, check out our announcement post on DEV.
Perks for US Based Employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision plan
- Unlimited vacation (2 week minimum)
- Flexible Equipment and Conference budget
- Co-Working budget (we are a 100% Distributed Team)
- Monthly Wellness Budget
- Ergonomic consultations
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
This role is open to applicants outside the US.