If you can create & maintain awesome software, and you want to work from home in your underwear, keep reading!
Doubledot Media is a New Zealand-based company creating online eCommerce tools for people looking to start their own online businesses. We’re based in Christchurch, but over 90% of our team work remotely from various places around the world. (Living in the future FTW!)
This role will be heavily focused on feature development & maintenance of our product SaleHoo, plus will also see you contributing to a number of other related applications and services that we deliver.
What sort of tech/frameworks do we work with?
- CakePHP, Laravel & bespoke PHP app’s
- JQuery, Angular & Vue
What other skills & knowledge are important for this role?
- GIT, Composer & Code Management
- PHPUnit, Unit Testing & T.D.D.
- Consuming & Creating HTTP API’s
- Asynchronous Workloads
What would you be doing?
- Working with teammates to improve our hugely popular tools
- Suggesting and developing software improvements
- Streamlining features to make customers’ lives far simpler and easier
- Maintaining existing codebases
- Working with us to guide the direction of our software Being generally amazing
Cool reasons to work with us:
- Flexible hours
- Work from home (or from our Christchurch office)
- Relaxed, ego-free, family-friendly work culture
- (And you can wear whatever you like!)
- Need a few more reasons? Read what current and former staff have to say…
If you work from our Christchurch office, you also get:
- Weekly Friday BBQ (or sushiBQ, or ThaiBQ)
- Novelty coffee mugs (and the coffee to go with them)
- An extremely comfortable chair (You’ll have to wear more than just underwear, though)
If you think you have a solid understanding of a decent chunk of our requirements (or similar), at least 3 years commercial PHP experience, have the spark we’re looking for, and want to show off your skills, we want to hear from you!
This position is open to applicants in any location, but we do have a preference for a person in this role to have at least some crossover with our time zone here in N.Z. (Pacific/Auckland).
How to Apply
- Record a quick (<3 minutes) video, telling us a bit about yourself, and what technologies you are currently using
- Create an email for jobs at doubledotmedia.com (Subject: PHP Developer Position)
- Attach your CV as a PDF
- Include a link to the video, plus any links to other projects and examples of your code we can look over