As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
Our team includes people of all genders, sexual orientation, parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds. Diverse teams are strong teams, and we encourage those with varied identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply.
- Design and adopt standards and practices moving our Industry to the next level.
- Writing asynchronous code that interacts with real time content.
- Lead with empathy and mentor a diverse team of engineers with different skill sets and help them grow as engineers.
- Working with multiple stakeholders, understanding their concerns and helping drive and prioritize the best results for our customers across the department.
- Experiment, iterate and propose solutions to our most difficult technical challenges
- You have experience leading incremental adoption of new technologies and standards.
- Full understanding of the DOM, client side performance and browser compatibilities
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are experienced in at least one strongly typed language.
- You have experience creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for front end applications.
- T-shaped, must have capability across the entire stack and expertise in your area.
- Expertise in React.JS and Redux
- Previous experience with video, WebRTC, or other streaming protocols
- Experience building NPM libraries
- Experience with Module Federation, Lerna based monorepos, and Webpack 5
- Expertise with developing backend systems
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development