Qualio’s SAAS platform takes the pain out of compliance and helps life science organizations accelerate their time to market. Our engineering team is growing quickly as more and more customers adopt our product. We are seeking a senior technical leader to bring expertise and experience to our team.
What is the opportunity?
We are hiring a Principal Software Engineer in Ireland to join our distributed software development team. We’re looking for someone who has technical thought leadership and wants to play a pivotal role in Qualio’s future. This opportunity will suit someone who is based in Ireland but is comfortable working with geographically distributed colleagues.
What will I be doing?
As an accomplished software leader, you will play a key role in determining Qualio’s future technical direction. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will advise on the best technical, architectural, and infrastructural solutions to the challenges posed by a successfully growing product and customer base.
In your first 3 months you will be:
- Up to speed on core technologies and the Qualio software development life-cycle.
- Familiar with Qualio’s features, architecture, and infrastructure and areas for growth
- Understand the key strategy of the company and what value we are delivering to customers and begin to translate ambiguous business problems into actionable technical proposals.
- Delivering through others - supporting the software development team with architecture, technology, and infrastructure decisions.
Who are you?
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills (in English).
- You have over 15 years of professional software development experience.
- You are comfortable working in geographically distributed teams,
- You are passionate about customers and deliver software which delights them.
- You have a strong record of delivering software with your own expertise and you have also delivered by guiding other Software Engineers.
- You appreciate ‘what went before’. You know that working software has an intrinsic value that needs to be protected before writing something new.
- You are open-minded and inquisitive about new technology and solutions. You are not zealous about any technical topic. You can listen and learn just as well as speak and educate.
- You enjoy taking the lead on projects and owning them from inception to delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the design, implementation, and delivery of software in ambiguous and complex problem spaces. Working across business functions to ensure software solutions are aligned with requirements, regulations, and customer expectations.
- Track record of delivering solutions that have a measurable positive impact on your company.
- Ability to identify and tackle intrinsically hard problems - for example, a complex architectural issue, a business or security risk, or a change in technical direction which is needed.
- Past experience in mentoring others, accelerating their technical career development and critically reviewing their work.
- Play a key role in identifying areas where we need to hire in new talent and actively participate in attracting and retaining talent.
- Experience with AWS, CI/CD, web security and DevOps - Unix based OS (Debian/Ubuntu): cron, automation via bash scripting, monit, etc.
- Willingness to learn and absorb any technology currently used by Qualio.