Dialpad is the most modern business communications company in the industry. Our products range from conferencing calling, to phone systems to contact center solutions that are all built with the end-user in mind. We allow workers to be productive from anywhere on any device and have moved all the power of an on-premise phone system or contact center to the cloud to be accessed and used by modern workers in today’s Work from Anywhere environment.
Who We Are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it’s a thing you do. We not only build products to enable the everywhere worker, but we also are everywhere workers. With offices in San Francisco, San Ramon, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London and Bangalore, we truly believe in finding the best talent everywhere. We also embrace the Work from Home movement and are just as happy hiring great talent from anywhere if they choose to work from home rather than in an office.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to be productive from anywhere.
About The Role
Dialpad is seeking a Product Designer who is passionate about helping to make communication better. Working with a strong team of Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers, this Designer will help us as we make Dialpad a best-in-class business communication tool.
A successful candidate will have an established background creating beautiful and intuitive customer-facing experiences. They utilize research to investigate problems and possible solutions. They design appropriate solutions, clearly articulating those decisions with their teams, and lead product discussions with their product manager and engineering counterparts. They possess strong communication skills—both synchronous and asynchronous. They are able to operate independently and proactively.
All applications must have a portfolio attached or URL provided to be considered.
- Build an understanding of Dialpad’s product architecture and distill it into elegant and intuitive interfaces and workflows.
- Balance Dialpad’s existing visual and UX patterns to ensure a consistent, intuitive experience across the platform.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Design, Product Management, and Engineering throughout the entire product lifecycle to design new features and products.
- Quickly iterate on design solutions and ideas based on design critique sessions from peers or user research learnings.
- Create beautiful, functional, and intuitive visual designs and workflows that work cross-platform.
- Obsessively QA work with engineering and product management to ensure visual and UX adherence to the agreed upon solution, providing clear, actionable, and detailed feedback to your team for revisions.
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills, both in one-on-one and group settings. Able to communicate complex ideas, goals, and problems in an accessible way even to those unfamiliar with a project.
- Communicate work early and often, breaking down complex ideas, goals, and problems in an accessible way even to those unfamiliar with the project.
- Keeps discussions on-track and focused on delivering actionable next steps.
- Mentor junior designers and work well alongside peers.
- Identify user research opportunities (both qualitative and quantitative) to help support Product decisions and work closely with UX Research on those opportunities.
3+ years product design experience
Strong interaction and visual design skills with an eye for details. Specifically strong understanding of information design, visual hierarchy, layout design, typography, color theory, and brand systems. (You must provide examples.)
Experience incorporating Design, Engineering, Product, and Research feedback and/or insights into your work.
Experience using design patterns, knowing when to adhere to patterns, and when to suggest pattern evolutions.
Strong oral and written communication skills and can work, discuss, and present well with teams, groups, and levels across the organization.
Experience working closely with engineering to develop, iterate, and ship high-end interactive solutions.
Ability and willingness to quickly produce concepts and test ideas.
Experience prototyping UI interactivity to help communicate your full vision for a feature, workflow, or solution.
Proficiency with Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design and prototyping tools.
Has experience conducting user research interviews.
Has a strong desire to see how Designers can support the company’s goals, team initiatives, and the broader product vision.