We’re looking for a Product Manager to join the product team at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach. Interested in helping design and build a product that helps the world automate their work so they can get back to living? Then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
Even though our job description may seem like we’re looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
This isn’t your first PM rodeo. You have 4+ years of product management experience, where you’ve managed either SaaS, enterprise, or consumer products.
You communicate the vision for your team and then make it happen. You work with leadership to refine your team’s vision and set a 12 month roadmap for how you’ll solve those problems. You know how to turn vision into goals, goals into a roadmap, and a roadmap into daily and weekly tasks for your team. You excel at keeping a cross-functional team of designers, researchers, engineers, data analysts, and product marketers working effectively and efficiently.
You know how to get results. Through collaboration with your team you routinely deliver meaningful results for the business. You share and celebrate and build momentum around positive results. You learn and course correct when you don’t get the results you want.
You are data driven. You use data to uncover opportunities and understand what levers to pull to drive business results. You know how to measure the results of your work, test it with real users, and understand its downstream effects. You consider the long term impacts of experiments and look for more than just short term boost to metrics.
You have ample technical, design, and analytics skills. While you may or may not know how to code, you have technical skills to support yourself and your team. You use your technical context to make better, faster decisions and to minimize technical debt. You understand design patterns and can create functional specs and wireframes. You can write some SQL and use self-serve data exploration tools to support your own decision making. While you’ll have resources on your team that are experts in these areas, you can fill in the gaps whenever needed.
You are a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You can use written communication to communicate your team’s vision, roadmap, and progress. You know the right tool for the job whether it’s managing the day-to-day cadence of projects or building cross-company momentum around a project.
You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a startup, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. Here’s where you’ll spend most of your time:
- Communicate a vision for the team looking out 3-12 months and build a roadmap to match that vision
- Work in a small, autonomous, cross-functional team alongside design, engineering, UX research, and data to decide what we build next and execute on that decision
- Talk with out customers to more deeply understand the problems that we can address for them
- Work closely with product designers on solutions by writing specs and creating wireframes
- Develop a sufficient understanding of technical context to help make better, faster decisions, and work closely with engineers on solutions
- Dig deep on data to understand trends and develop a better picture of the business, the product, or our customers.
- Measure and report on the results of your work (creating dashboards, writing SQL queries, etc.)
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change
For the past seven years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: United States or Canada
If you want to work remote, that’s great. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.