Here at Clearbit, our mission is to be the Growth Engine that helps push the edge of what’s possible in marketing and sales. We build data-driven SaaS products that enable businesses to generate demand, act on intent, drive conversions, and retain and expand their customers. Today, Clearbit powers more than 1,500 B2B companies including Asana, Segment, and Atlassian.
This belief in meaningful growth extends to our employees. We invest in personal and team growth, valuing constructive feedback, and emotional intelligence. We aim to maintain a working environment of psychological safety, where vulnerability is not a weakness, so that it’s easier to take creative risks, re-define what’s possible, and grow into the best version of yourself. Your teammates will push you (kindly) to grow and ask for the same in return.
2019/2020 is an exciting time to join Clearbit. We’re growing rapidly across the company, and are on track to double revenue for the third straight year. Going into this next phase of growth, we’re focusing heavily on maintaining our cultural values, training our managers into the best in the world, and having fun while we do it.
We’re looking for a product marketing manager to help us get to the heart of our customers. The product marketing team’s mission is to deeply understand our customers and their needs and infuse that understanding into how to better market, sell, support, and build for them.
You’ll join a team of product marketers who play a pivotal role across the company and beyond. Colleagues in sales/customer success and product will turn to you for your views on marketing and tools (something that doesn’t always happen in other SaaS industries!). And customers will welcome meeting you as a fellow marketer. We think it’s an exciting and unique group to join.
As a small, flexible team, you’ll have the opportunity to come in and make an impact on the business, executing programs across the entire product-marketing landscape: customer research, pricing and packaging, strategizing and developing messaging with marketing and sales teams, sales enablement and training, and serving as a product expert with customers and in public.
The flexibility extends to where you want to live; the entire Growth team at Clearbit is predominantly remote — from Toronto and Valencia to San Francisco and Portland.
What you’ll do
- Define our approach to best connect and resonate with our customers. You’ll define the messaging and positioning for key customer segments and build out content and messaging experiences to drive conversion and success.
- Guide how Clearbit communicates with our customers throughout their journey. Your messaging recommendations will guide the marketing team for demand generation campaigns and other content. You’ll empower our first-class sales and customer success teams with the right product communication to retain and convert happy customers.
- Represent the voice of the customer. You’ll conduct customer research and understand their needs and pain points to communicate insights in actionable ways across the company.
- Help us understand our competitive landscape by researching and documenting competitive and market intelligence. You’ll help the company understand our target market through industry research, how our buyers make purchasing decisions, and how to differentiate against and beat our competition.
- Facilitate smooth and effective product launches. Partner with product, customer success + sales, and marketing teams to execute a product launch process that covers research, testing, content creation, and training.
You’ll be set up for success if:
- You have three or more years experience as a product marketer in a software company. In this span, you’ve developed and managed go-to-market strategies for multiple SaaS products. You’ve also successfully worked with both product managers and sales teams (e.g., research, messaging, and developing collateral). Bonus: You’ve conducted product marketing for marketing technology/services.
- You’re fluent in the world of digital marketing. You have a clear understanding of digital marketing (digital advertising, website personalization, email marketing) and marketing technology. Maybe you’ve worked in one of these areas of marketing as a practitioner at a SaaS company or in the product marketing department of a martech product.
- You thrive when you’re working at the crossroads of the company, with the customer as your north star. So you have a knack for working across and with teams and can effectively manage relationships with and expectations of many different stakeholders.
- You’re curious, resourceful, and adaptable. You’re eager to dive in and solve problems, talk to people, do research, and then share what you’ve learned and turn insights into action. You have flexibility to shift responsibilities as product marketing needs change each quarter and data presents new opportunities.
- You are a clear and effective communicator — orally and in writing. We work across many different teams and departments in Clearbit with colleagues living around the world. Therefore, great communication is critical, both in terms of keeping stakeholders well-informed and documenting thoroughly for when we aren’t online.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Ability to live and work anywhere in the world
- Relocation to San Francisco (our headquarters) assistance available
- Free lunch plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews — great work is rewarded!Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events and offsites