Our Product Marketing team’s mission is to generate customer insights that inform Stripe’s product strategy, lead go-to-market for our suite of products, and create and execute campaigns to drive product growth. Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Stripe, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, Sales, Design, Developer Relations, and Communications to name a few. Different from many other Product Marketing teams, our team works across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch.
In this particular role, we are looking for a creative, analytical, collaborative product marketer to help establish and scale the end-to-end of developer marketing at Stripe.
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for developers and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience and differentiate Stripe. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various workstreams on track
- Passionate about technology. You are keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at Stripe. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
- A team player. Product Marketers collaborates across the Marketing team and with basically every team at Stripe. You are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work
- Deeply understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different developer segments: talk regularly to users and prospects and work with our Analytics team for qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work (content, messaging, positioning, etc.)
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for your product area to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding for developer-specific features—APIs, SDKs, developer tools
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, developer relations, PR, and engineering—to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products
- Be a close partner to all other product marketers on how to amplify developer adoption for their products
- Build and launch creative and high-impact campaigns across the full funnel: drive awareness of Stripe to developers, help them choose and start on Stripe, and convert them to evangelists
- Track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis; figure out how to and start tracking the developer affinity metric for Stripe (the ambitious denominator of this is all developers)
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, developer relations, developer evangelism, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting
- At least 3-4 years of product marketing or developer marketing experience working in technology, infrastructure, or platform companies is preferred
- Technical fluency and familiarity with APIs and developer tools is preferred
We don’t expect you to have all these things (but the more the merrier!).