Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 68 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,800 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning. They also work to shape public conversations on the future of education and work. The team is segmented into four areas of focus: Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Communications. The team is currently focused on expanding the reach of Coursera’s brand, attracting students to degree programs, bringing new customers to Coursera for Business, and creating a marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
We are looking for a sharp, passionate, customer-centric product marketer to help Coursera for Business continue its rapid growth. In this role, you will partner with sales, marketing, and product teams at Coursera to inform the creation of innovative, high-quality learning products that fit market needs. You will become an expert in understanding our customers and the market, to develop our value proposition and inform the product roadmap and priorities. You will lead the charge in bringing new solutions to market and understanding key buyers, working with the rest of the go-to-market teams to ensure our buyers get these solutions in their organization and can transform their talent with Coursera.
We’re lucky to count over 2,400 organizations as our customers, ranging from small startups to global enterprises in the Fortune 500. Help our customers learn what they need to thrive while working within a dynamic team that values boldness, collaborates closely, and takes action.
Please note: this role is open to remote but has a strong preference to candidates with PST time zone compatibility.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Develop a deep understanding of the market, customers and the competition to inform our product roadmap, GTM strategy, and messaging
- Partner with our product and sales team to test and validate new offering and sales strategies in the field
- Drive the go-to-market strategy and execution for new Coursera learning solutions
- Develop key product go-to-market tactics such as positioning, naming, external communications, competitive analysis, project management and audience research
- Craft sales enablement materials – presentations, sell sheets, case studies, etc.– and train sales teams globally on key features and benefits of our learning solutions
- At least 5 years experience in marketing with at least 2-3 years of direct experience in B2B product marketing or equivalent
- Superior communication, writing, storytelling, and pitch development skills
- Experience developing product marketing plans and launching products or solutions with a track record of success and impact
- Ability to gather qualitative and quantitative insights which you can synthesize into business recommendations
- An analytical approach and great problem-solving abilities
- Experience working with B2B, education technology, or online learning providers