We’re looking for an experienced product marketer to join our WooCommerce marketing team and help establish our strategic positioning for product-driven growth. You will partner with Product, Design, Development, and Partnerships leaders to bring new products and features to market.
For 1-3 product focus areas, you will:
- Collaborate cross-functionally. Participate in core team decision-making, surface research and customer insights, and define product positioning. Track launch metrics; iterate on strategy and implementation.
- Lead marketing GTM activities. Provide clear direction to the rest of the marketing team on what products we are marketing and to whom. Assess product-market fit, set channel strategy, and track results.
- Craft product messaging. Write, edit, and review content that resonates with merchants, builders, and other target audiences. Drive work with agency partners and freelancers as needed.
- Guide market research efforts. Find opportunities for quantitative and qualitative market research. Scope inquiries, shape RFPs, coordinate execution and turn analysis into impact. Use past studies if and when possible.
In the context of WooCommerce overall, you will:
- Define target audiences. Use, vet, and combine multiple sources of data to build a substantial picture of who we serve, in collaboration with Data and Product teams.
- Monitor market trends. Stay on top of competitor news, reviews, and press to figure out which story we should tell, given where the market is going. Draw inspiration from adjacent and analogous spaces.
- Support the development of internal processes. Implement efficient and impactful ways of working within Woo Marketing, across Woo, and possibly with counterparts in other divisions.
- 7+ years of experience in technology companies, with 3+ years in a product marketing role. Preference for experience in market intelligence, customer analysis, and research management.
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Capable of balancing multiple projects and goals. Detail orientation where it matters.
- A data-informed approach. Comfort analyzing substantial data sets in some areas and recommending action with minimal information in others.
- A proactive nature. Lay out plans that others are eager to follow. A bias toward collaboration! Passion to share your expertise with the team shows up in attention, diligence, and responsiveness.