Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to make PR pros more successful by providing them with technology to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, quantify their impact and work more efficiently with their teams.
Self-funded, quickly growing, and remote-first, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019 and 2020. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, and customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
Muck Rack is growing quickly, and we’re looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable Product Operations Specialist to join our team and help launch and improve features on Muck Rack.
As a Product Operations Specialist, you’ll immediately contribute to Muck Rack by resolving key issues impacting customers, communicating the roadmap and guiding the processes to help the product and engineering teams work more efficiently.
You’ll join a passionate, innovative product team motivated by launching features. We’re dedicated to collaborating with teammates, to shipping products that delight our users around the world, evolving in the ever-changing media landscape and directly contributing to our company’s growth.
What you’ll own:
- Managing projects related to feature development and maintenance that sit within the product, engineering and design teams.
- Assisting with first responder responsibilities, including the resolution of bugs and product feedback reported by Muck Rack team members, users and automated systems.
- Gathering and analyzing product data, surfacing to relevant teams to inform the direction and understanding of key features.
- Improving and executing systems that improve the visibility of Muck Rack’s product roadmap to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Summarizing and reporting on trends and themes in feature requests, support tickets and churn reasons.
- Compiling reports on recent feature requests and upcoming launches to share with internal stakeholders.
- Building and iterating on systems that inform the product team of necessary feature improvement, and better circulate tech debt.
- Documenting existing processes within the product team for wider circulation.
More about you:
- 2-3 years of project management, operations or product management experience, preferably in software development.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools like Trello, Github, Asana and Slack.
- Experience with product analytics tools like Heap, Looker, or similar.
- Comfort with Google Apps (Docs, Spreadsheets, Slides) or similar product suites like Microsoft Office or iWork.
- Awareness of business models and pricing strategy as it relates to feature development.
- Familiarity with agile, waterfall and similar product management methodologies, but not opinionated about their usage.
- Experience with QA and logging/tracking bugs in Github, Clubhouse or a similar system.
- Ability to collaborate with remote teams.
While this position is remote, we are unable to hire internationally for this role
Benefits of Working at Muck Rack
- Flexible remote-first company
- Off-the-grid vacation
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, and an Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted gym & bike memberships
- Opt-in disability and life insurance
- Subscription to Learning & Development platform
- Self funded means we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products and put our customers first
- Inclusive culture that listens to and welcomes diverse perspectives