Founded in 2015, Headway was born out of a passion to bring entrepreneurial ideas to market and keep them there. We work holistically with our client partners as a true extension of their product team, not just as an execution arm of their business. If we see something broken, whether that’s a workflow, a marketing or messaging strategy, or a needless feature, we speak up, and our clients trust us to help them fix it.
Because we’re more than just designers, developers, and product strategists, we achieve results that bring successful long-term partnerships and trusted referrals. We help entrepreneurs and corporate innovators build a business ― not just an app. Our approach to validating ideas and building sustainable business models has been a catalyst for our growth. In 2020 we were honored to be named to the Inc. 5000 at #918. This approach, coupled with realistic and incremental software releases, results in a friendly, fun, and collaborative atmosphere where our colleagues and clients both have room to learn and grow.
View our case studies and see how our clients talk about our approach. If you’re a podcast fan, check out Seaworthy, where we explore ways to help companies grow and scale their business and ideas, and Even Keeled, a podcast about the craft of creating software and effective development teams. We are also actively engaged with our community through various live streams and videos to help startups and product teams reach their goals. We’re excited about what we’ve achieved in the last six years, but we’re just getting started. We need your help to take us to the next level!
At Headway, as a Product Strategist, you’ll be bringing new digital products to life - working with a small multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers, and other talented product people.
Working closely with our team and clients, you will be validating product ideas, finding market opportunities, designing solutions, challenging assumptions, running experiments, presenting to stakeholders, and collaborating with the full product team to make new products a reality.
You’ll help make decisions on product direction and stand up for creating value for both customers and the business.
As a Product Strategist at Headway, you are responsible for executing within the Headway product strategy process with a focus on client and user needs, including:
- Collaborating with Clients, Stakeholders, Designers, and Developers to make awesome products customers love.
- Working with our Head of Product Strategy & Innovation to improve Product best practices.
- Owning Customer Discovery for client engagements, including: customer interviews, surfacing and capturing key insights, synthesis and affinity mapping, personas, etc.
- Defining customer segments.
- Aligning with clients on product success metrics.
- Prototyping solutions in collaboration with designers and tech leads.
- Mapping out the customer journey & key flows.
- Designing business models.
- Finding bottlenecks & opportunities to improve customer experience.
- Facilitating workshop sessions to help the team & stakeholders move fast.
- Planning release prioritization using user story mapping focused on customer outcomes.
- Managing the product backlog & roadmap.
- Designing experiments around key customer behaviors.
- Identifying risks to the product’s success and being vocal about how we might be able to reduce the risk.
- Helping the team iterate rapidly to maximize learning in fast feedback loops.
Help us make a difference, make waves, and make Headway!
- Fast Learner, Absorbs new domains quickly
- Customer Research, Customer Interviews, Empathy
- Customer Journey maps, Personas
- Problem Space vs. Solution Space
- Confidence in Presenting
- Withholds Judgement
- Systems Thinking
- Sees Patterns
- Agile Team Experience: Sprint & Release Planning, User Stories, Managed Backlog, Daily Standups
- Solution Design / Wireframes
- Prototype Feedback / Usability Testing
- Go-Getter, Takes initiative, Ownership mentality
- Organized, Disciplined
- Continuous Learner
- Humble, Seeking Personal Growth
- Team Player & Collaborative
- Ready to go with Google Suite, Slack, etc.
- Group Facilitation / Workshops
- Stakeholder Management / Account Management
- Lean Startup Experience
- Risk Based Prioritization
- Running Experiments
- Startup Experience
- Sales Experience
- Value Proposition Design
- Marketing Tech
- Jobs to be Done
- Market Sizing
- Competitive Analysis
- Usability Testing
- Unit Economics
- P&L / Revenue Models
- Data Analytics & Visualization
- Data Transformation / SQL
- Software development background
- Experience in Autonomous Teams