Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
We’re looking to add a seasoned and self-motivated Project Manager to the team! As an integral new member and counterpart to our Senior Leadership Team, you’ll work alongside management to plan, manage, and execute Special Projects. The goal of this project management role is to focus on operations and better position BVG as it comes to current and future projects. We want this Project Manager to focus on SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) and OKR’s (Objectives & Key Results), as it relates to the establishment, execution, and enforcement of them for specific teams as well as the overall company. In addition, you’ll bring best practices to the organization as we transition to a truer Agile, Scrum environment – not only for our technical teams but company-wide. The ideal Viking-to-be is a dedicated and results-driven individual who approaches problems through a creative and collaborative approach. If this sounds like you and you’re looking for a place to make a huge impact, we invite you to apply!
- Create, organize, and maintain company-wide SOPs, along with their processes and practices
- Establish and track company-wide and team-specific OKRs
- Hold all internal Vikings accountable to the decided SOPs and OKRs
- Scrutinize BVG’s current processes/practices and identify, as well as make recommendations for, process improvement
- Act as a Scrum Master of sorts, bringing your knowledge of best practices in Agile methodology – manage our shift to a true weekly based Agile Development organization (not just for technical teams but other functions as well, all eventually operating as Agile teams)
- Spearhead the planning and execution of Special Projects, as given by the Senior Leadership Team
- Participate in and facilitate the training of Vikings and management to upgrade role-specific skills
- Eventually lead all project meetings and oversee company wide OKR’s
- Create and maintain a “Project Health” Dashboard via JIRA and/or other custom build - to provide a wholistic view of current project’s progress as well as facilitate forecasting based on a comparison of current project health to future company decisions and product strategy
The Must Haves
- Project Management Certification
- Scrum knowledge and experience
- Previous experience working directly with CXOs on large or small strategic projects (stakeholder management)
- Process building, organization, enforcement, and tracking experience
- Experience with Tech or Gaming companies where they’ve worked through Crunch times/death marches, with a proven record of getting tasks done effectively
The Nice to Haves
- OKR certified
- Scrum and JIRA certified
- A whiz in Excel, Presentation, and Communication (with an eye for UI/UX)
- High EQ to understand people and resource application best
- Be a gamer!
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% Remote Work Environment