Olo is looking for an experienced Recruiter to join our People + Culture team and help us grow our business organization in New York and across the country. This role will be instrumental in supporting Olo’s rapid scale.
The recruiter is responsible for hiring a world class group of customer success, sales, marketing, and finance professionals that help Olo hit its goals. Ideal candidates are excited to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, team-oriented environment.
As a member of the Recruiting team you will partner with hiring managers to understand and anticipate their team’s upcoming needs and priorities, and how they fit into the organization as a whole. You will manage the entire recruiting process from role development to sourcing and closing, and ensure a high quality experience for all candidates. You will also network online and offline with potential candidates to promote the Olo brand in the appropriate engineering and development communities, reduce our time-to-hire and ensure we attract the best professionals. The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of knowledge to the team to help inform recruiting best practices, candidate management, as well as help provide mentorship to other team members.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Facilitate the lifecycle of a candidate, from job descriptions, to sourcing and interacting with candidates, to administering practical assessments, to coordinating with internal partners, and finally to closing the candidate.
- Coordinate with hiring and team leads to forecast and facilitate hiring needs.
- Source potential candidate on well-known (LinkedIn) and niche platforms.
- Perform pre-screening calls to analyze applicants’ abilities.
- Interview candidates combining various methods (e.g. structured interviews, practical assessments, and behavioral questions).
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates.
- Participate in conferences and meetups to network with professionals.
- Actively strive to increase diversity in hiring through networking and building relationships with diversity organizations in tech.
- Compose job offer letters.
- Analyze recruiting metrics to identify areas of improvement and provide data-driven recommendations to team members and key stakeholders.
- Manage high volume roles at one time.
What We’ll Expect From You
- Bachelor degree in Business, Human Resources, IT, or other relevant subject matter.
- Proven work experience, 3+ years as a Recruiter.
- Experience sourcing, pitching, and closing candidates.
- Hands-on experience with various interview formats (e.g. phone, Google Hangouts, and structured in-person).
- Ability to understand and explain job requirements for business roles.
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (e.g. social media recruiting and Boolean search).
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems and resume databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of HR practices and labor legislation.
- Legally able to work in the U.S.
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day. Olo is our extended family.
- We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle. Learn more about our culture, values, and mission.