We’re looking for an experienced Senior Recruiter to join our growing team at Zapier. Want to help grow the team behind a product that is democratizing automation? Then keep reading!
You’ve done recruiting for at least two years with a software company. You have experience evaluating candidates for a variety of roles, primarily technical roles. You’ve done it on a team and you’ve done it alone. You have no ego and are ready to hop in to help wherever we need it most.
You’re a trusted partner in talent. You advise your hiring teams on the best approach to fill their positions and create/manage a process that delights candidates and empowers hiring decisions.
You are passionate to see more diversity and inclusion in the workplace. You will coordinate and develop initiatives to support the same. Prior success with diversity initiatives is highly valued.
You’re comfortable driving. You like (prefer) owning your work streams and the autonomy to progress towards your goals.
You provide an incredible candidate experience. You sweat the small stuff but keep the big picture in mind. You know that a job search is a challenging task and by sweating the details you can provide a more human experience for everyone that interacts with Zapier during a hiring process.
You have experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (we use Greenhouse) or CRM systems. If you’ve not used these tools, you should feel comfortable researching them and pushing buttons to see what happens.
You are data-driven. You track pipeline health to balance your priorities and set hiring manager expectations.
You are resourceful. You’re willing to research questions, talent, and companies to find the answers and great people to recruit.
You are persistently helpful. No matter if it is diversity outreach or screening of applicants, you are an unstoppably helpful member for our operations team, to both the hiring managers and candidates.
Leading leaders is no sweat. You’re comfortable partnering directly with founders and executives to build hiring plans and deliver.
Things You Do
Zapier is a fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Identify talented candidates. You’ll experiment by yourself or by working in tandem with hiring managers to reach out efficiently to potential candidates.
- Emphasize diversity and inclusivity. You’ll look for traditional and non-traditional methods to increase the likelihood we can bring new perspectives to the team.
- Find or create new sources of talent. LinkedIn might be a great tool, but you’ll always look for new and unique ways to source talented folks.
- Screen candidates. You’ll serve as the filter of the top of the funnel to maximize the hiring team’s time and focus on interviewing the best candidates.
- Successfully juggle a variety of roles at once. At any given time you could be working on filling 5-10 (or more at times) open roles.
- Assist with developing job posts and rubrics. You’ll work with the hiring manager to tighten up job descriptions, screening rubrics, and manage the hiring process along the way.
- Iterate on candidate feedback. You’ll smooth rough edges in the hiring process by iterating on feedback from candidates or other signals.
- Nurture relationships with individuals and groups. You’ll help build personal relationships through introductions, references, or by facilitating participation with community groups.
- Develop a diverse pipeline for all current and future roles.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- As a part of Zapier’s all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
For the past eight years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: The United States or Canada
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.