We’re looking for a Rails developer to join our team to help grow our start-up and make email marketing better for e-commerce.
About SmartrMail ⚡️
The standard in email marketing sucks, especially for e-commerce. As a merchant, you’re either stuck with a basic platform that sends bulk newsletters your customers hate, or you can upgrade to an enterprise tool which you pay too much for and will never have time to properly configure.
At SmartMail, we make the next step in email marketing for small-to-medium merchants easier than the first. Like our merchants we’re a small team with big goals. We understand what it’s like to have limited time and resources, and build an easy-to-use email marketing app that saves our merchants’ time and delights their customers with better personalized email that gets more sales.
We’re a small team of 14, spread across Australia, Portugal, Lithuania, and Nicaragua, but growing fast. We care deeply about technology, a great user experience, and making life better for ecommerce merchants.
The role is remote first.
Our Stack 🚀
- One main Rails app, 1 Vue app (not microservices) with 2 more on the roadmap for 2020
- Current stack: Rails 6, Postgresql, Redis, Vue.js, Nginx, Passenger, Sidekiq, Google Cloud
What the role will focus on
- Full stack Ruby on Rails development of new features
- Code reviews of our other developers commits, and suggesting improvements
- UI implementation of new features
- Bug fixing and Support
What you will bring to the role
- 2+ years’ experience in Full-Stack Ruby on Rails development (remote is ok)
- Passion for excellent UX
- Be able to solve problems and turn ideas into elegant solutions
- Be able to consider things from a customer perspective and translate that into ideas and requirements that can continually improve our app
- Experience using Git version control
- Great communication (we use Github, Slack and Jira)
- Friendly, with an interest in the latest tech, and a passion for learning
Nice but not essential
- Start up experience in any capacity
- Experience with e-commerce or email development
Why Join SmartrMail?
- Build an awesome product that people love
- We’re a friendly, flexible remote team and flexible work environment
- Work out of a cool co-working space in any of our hubs (if not remote) or work anywhere you like
- We care deeply about technology and a great product
- We run a yearly retreat. Our first one was in Lisbon in 2019.
- Excellent potential to improve your craft and progress your career in a growing start up
Office locations: Remote first. We have hubs in Australia (Melbourne & Adelaide), Lithuania (Vilnius & Kaunas), & Portugal (Lisbon)