Retailers use archaic, old systems that don’t work (think fax machines and voicemails). We’re replacing the core operational processes with a modern platform that our customers love. Help us transform a $4.4 trillion industry and improve the way millions of people work. Major retailers like Gap, Nike, LEGO, and Old Navy are already using Zipline every day, but there is so much more to do!
We are looking for another Rails Engineer to join our team as the surface area of our product and infrastructure continue to scale and keep up with rapid customer growth.
“I think I just shed a tear. This is great!” – One of our Fortune 100 customers
Here are some projects we’re excited for you to work on:
- Defining and improving useful APIs for our customers
- Architecting the ETL process for retail hierarchy data
- Coordinate with engineering teams at Fortune 500 retailers to support integration efforts
- Performance improvements at the database level
- Evangelize coding and performance best practices with the rest of the team
- Collaborate with the rest of the team on new features that customers will love
What we look for:
- You have significant relevant production experience with large scale rails applications
- You have great written and verbal communication skills.
- You prefer taking projects from inception to completion, and are outcome oriented.
- You have a strong understanding of systems architecture, database design, and the ruby language.
- You are proactive with communication and have no problem managing your time as a remote employee.
- You are proud of your craft, and enjoy and value clean code that scales to keep large teams productive.
Technologies you’ll work with
- Ruby on Rails 5.2
- Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch
- AWS, Heroku, Ansible, Digital Ocean
- Intercom, Slack, Basecamp, Google Drive
- Remote: Join an effective remote team and work where you’re comfortable.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- 401K plan: Save towards your retirement tax-free.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We’ve done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, and Palm Springs.
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard working, nice people who are committed to making a difference and have had past success.
- …And much more!