Shogun, and we’re on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series A investment, we have over 10,000 active paying clients, and we’re preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in TechCrunch).
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
A self-motivated and passionate Security Engineer (with experience in Ruby on Rails and/or Go) looking to join our engineering team and help secure our applications and cloud infrastructure.
We’re looking for a talented Security professional to investigate threats, triage and resolve vulnerabilities, help to write and implement our information security policy, and build tools that allow engineers to quickly and easily develop secure code.
In This Role You Will…
- Help other engineers design more secure software via design input and code review
- Contribute to the implementation of secure development practices
- Triage and resolve security vulnerabilities in the application layer, including those reports through our bug bounty program at Federacy
- Deliver well-engineered, scalable solutions that improve our defense-in-depth
- Author and implement an information security policy
- Teach and learn from your teammates
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails and/or Go experience, including security responsibilities
- Penetration and vulnerability testing experience
- Proven knowledge of authentication and authorization
- Experience securing a cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Clear and precise written and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet. (+13 countries just on the engineering team!)
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
Try Out Shogun
If you want, you can use Shogun to get a feel for the product. We’d love to hear what you think. Here is how:
- Create a Shopify Developer Account: https://developers.shopify.com
- Create a development store: https://help.shopify.com/en/partners/dashboard/development-stores
- Install Shogun on your development store: https://apps.shopify.com/shogun
- Create a couple of pages. We will take a look.