“The front page of the internet,” brings over 430 million (30% YoY growth) people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
You’ll be joining Reddit’s Ad Creation and Experience team, where were you’ll build user-facing products to enhance Reddit’s ads experience. Mobile makes up more than half of Reddit’s traffic, and as a member of our team, you’ll play a key role in defining the future of Reddit’s Android app monetization. You’ll also be empowered to improve the infrastructure of the Android app as a whole; for example, our team was responsible for modularizing Reddit’s Android app.
- Driving new features from end-to-end through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and continuous iteration
- Collaborating with designers and PM, building prototypes, collecting user feedback, and iterating on new ideas
- Improving the performance and stability of our most critical features
- Building the technical foundation for future mobile products
- Designing and running experiments to increase revenue and improve user experience
- Expertise in Java with 4+ years of experience in Android development
- Sound software engineering fundamentals
- Embracing the challenges of building data intensive, highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps in the constrained environment of a smartphone
- Willingness to buck trends and learn new ways to build software
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally
- Experience building at least one amazing Android app with a team from start to shipment