24sessions is innovating customer interaction. We are a fast-growing scale-up in Amsterdam. Our SaaS solution is leading across Europe when it comes to customer interaction via video-chat. We are helping organizations like Rabobank, ING, AEGON, shape the future of customer satisfaction. Google, McKinsey & Rocket Internet recently elected us 1 of the 10 best B2B startups in Europe! 24sessions has been expanding rapidly and we want to remain the best video solution in the market. That’s why we’re looking for a talented developer to climb onboard on an incredible journey. Join 24sessions as a Senior Backend Developer.
About the role
Part of being the best video solution is making sure our virtual video-meeting environment runs like clockwork. Our product team consists of 2 squads. As Sr Backend Developer you would become part of the squad responsible for the meeting room and microservices that provide video connectivity, work with real-time video data, and video call management. Most real-time microservices are developed on NodeJS, some that process the data are based on Golang so will be a good opportunity for you to dive into the world of Golang (or just learn swimming around 😉).
Each microservice we build lives inside the Docker container, thus Docker is one of the essential tools every backend developer at 24sessions uses.
As such we are looking for someone with an exceptional feel for software development, NodeJS, and keen to learn GoLang. Someone who is eager to work using a fresh tech stack, open for innovation, and gets the energy from solving business problems with technology. We are offering you the opportunity to play a key part in a company that is truly innovating customer interaction.
If you have experience with other Backend languages like PHP, Java, Scala that’s fine as long as you have 2 years + with NodeJS also.
What we will offer you,
- Super cool team of like-minded talented people in an international team who support each other to be their best
- 24sessions is an international team of talented people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Flexible work arrangements possible
- You will have a clear career path in front of you from day one
- A personal training budget to make sure you get the training you need to further develop your career
- Competitive salary
- Company laptop
- Travel allowance
- Open and Honest transparent environment.
- A platform to share your ideas and make a real impact
- Holiday pay (8% of your annual salary)
- 25 leave days per year
- Company Shares so you can own part of the success
- Unlimited ping-pong & daily walks with your colleagues (when the office is open again)
What do we look for?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or another technical related field.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- 2 Years + Experience with NodeJS
- Can have experience with other Backend languages
- Experience with and GoLang is a (plus)
- Understanding architecture of real-time services
- Experience with developing distributed systems and architecture
- Experience working with RTC, understanding of SDP/RTP/STUN/ICE will be a plus (or willingness to learn)
- Experience with video streaming/processing will be a plus
- Can independently come up with a pragmatic integration solution
- Understand and appreciate the goal of micro-services in architectures.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.