Hudl is changing the future of sports technology. We build video analysis and stat tools for teams around the world, at every level of competition. Our software provides over 4.2 million coaches and athletes the insights they need to win.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team. This role requires experience designing, implementing, and maintaining large-scale data systems.
You’ll be a member of our Data Engineering team, which enables data analysis across Hudl. We currently support a 100TB data warehouse used by hundreds of people to make mission-critical decisions for our products and business. We’ll lean on your experience to guide projects that scale our systems and make data analysis more efficient across the company:
- Redesigning our data systems from a warehouse-centric to a lake-centric architecture to be more cost-effective as our data volume grows.
- Rolling out a structured events pipeline for analytics and productization of high-volume event streams.
- Building a centralized, discoverable data catalog to enable users across the company to efficiently find and use data.
- Mentor our data engineering team. You take pride in helping others achieve business outcomes and level up their data engineering skills.
- Architect, design, and guide the evolution of our data systems to ensure we can deliver scalable, high-quality analytics in the years to come.
- Operate and support data infrastructure, keeping our ETL pipelines and data systems up and running smoothly.
- Democratize data access by building tools and platforms that empower other teams to own and leverage their data.
- Work closely with other teams, including engineers, business analysts, and product managers to understand their data analytics needs and implement solutions.
- An experienced data engineer. You have several years of experience operating large-scale distributed data processing systems—advanced ETL pipelines and data lakes or warehouses. Experience with Spark and AWS data services (EMR, Glue, Redshift) is preferred.
- Proficient at schema design and data modeling. You have experience with schema design and have a broad understanding of architectural patterns to consider when modeling data.
- A strong communicator. Whether it’s explaining code to a peer, documenting a system for the team, or presenting an idea to stakeholders, you’re articulate and engaging.
- A constant learner. You don’t chase every new, shiny toy, but you actively keep up with the rapidly-changing world of big data. You consider how advancements in big data tooling and patterns can improve and transform our operations.
- Comfortable prioritizing your work. There’s no shortage of ideas to explore and problems to solve. You thrive in a fast-paced environment but can tactfully say ‘no’ or ‘not now’.
- Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done and take a break when you need it. Use your unlimited vacation when and how you want, including extended parental leave for both moms and dads.
- Give you what you need. We will supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. We promise you’ll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company’s success.
- Feed you. As a Hudlie working from our Lincoln office, you’ll get free lunch daily.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.