We created Peanut with the idea that no one should have to navigate womanhood alone. Especially the hard parts. Our mission is to provide a social network for women to connect across fertility and motherhood. So far, over 1 million women have joined to build friendships, find support, and learn from one another.
Since 2017, we’ve grown quickly across the US and other countries, and received numerous accolades from Apple, the New York Times, Good Morning America, and the BBC to name a few.
We recently closed our $17M Series A round and are backed by market-leading VCs including EQT Ventures, Index Ventures, Female Founders Fund and Sweet Capital (the brains behind King.com), enabling us to grow our team… now is a great time to join! Responsibilities and role
This is a full-time position. You’ll report to Julien, our CTO, and work within our Engineering team of 14 people.
We’ll expect you to design, build, and ship:
Natural language engines based on user-generated content, such as
Machine learning engines, such as
Learning-to-rank “matching” user profiles
Recommending content to users
As well as contribute to data analysis:
- Identify patterns, correlations, and causes to user behaviour
- Generally, support product intelligence and deliver insights to help guide our roadmap
As our CTO works remotely, and many of the team do, we are entirely flexible about whether you would like to work remotely (from anywhere in the UK or the rest of the EU), or in central London, at our vibrant Peanut HQ.
We’ll simply expect you to join us in person for a few days every months to socialise and plan as a team.
Depending on experience and location,
£70,000 to £80,000 gross salary per year (or local equivalent)
Participation in our equity pool
We offer 20 days holidays plus UK bank holidays.
been a data scientist or software engineer for 5+ years
significant experience with NLP toolkits, e.g. NLTK
experience with building machine learning models, e.g. Scikit-Learn or Pytorch
become very comfortable manipulating large datasets
a solid statistics background.
While these are not requirements, we’ll be excited if you’ve also:
Can write SQL fluently.
Have experience programming in Ruby.
Worked on any mobile product in the social or gaming area.
- Your moral compass is strong : you care about what’s best for our users.
- Your are pragmatic and creative : you can find viable ways to build what is needed. You balance clear code with delivery speed, and favour shipping quickly over perfection.
- You work well in a team. You can pitch your ideas, sometimes disagree and commit, and are equally happy to deliver on your own or pair up on a problem.
- You thrive in a lean environment. You’re keen to prioritise, compromise, ship quickly, measure and iterate.
- You favour data-driven product decisions but don’t shy away from intuition and opinions.
- You are comfortable picking up new skills and learning new tools when needed.