At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen. Mobile ordering and payments is an exciting and active industry full of interesting players and yet still a relatively untapped market ripe for disruption. We’re quite up-front about the technical challenges our business faces. Running a platform with multiple white-labeled front-ends, that maintains real-time connections into thousands of restaurants’ POS systems, and coordinates complex transactions between these and other third parties (such as payment gateways and gift card providers) is not for the faint of heart!
We take pride in a neat codebase with automated tests and continuous integration, and encourage constant refactoring. We encourage new ideas and experimentation. No part of the code base is off limits.
Our current technologies include modern versions of Ember, React, TypeScript, ASP.NET MVC, C#, and F#. We also rely on tools such as AWS, GitHub, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Sumo Logic, Datadog, and New Relic. We don’t expect you to have experience with everything on this list, and we’ll help you learn what you don’t know!
As a front-end engineer at Olo, you will play a significant and visible role in helping us build one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the hospitality industry. You will help us shape the digital guest experience for restaurant brands served by Olo. You will contribute to technology selection, architecture and user experience for our front-end applications.
Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team is remote!
- Experience building ADA compliant user interfaces that put users first and look and feel awesome to use
- In-depth experience with the back-end of the stack (Bonus: .NET)
- Experience creating and maintaining automated tests
- Leadership experience that spans one or more aspects of technology selection, architecture and design oversight, and mentoring others
- Superb problem solving skills with an emphasis on pragmatism, quality, performance, and scalability
- Passion for learning new skills and technologies
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- BS degree in a technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.