Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to make PR pros more successful by providing them with technology to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, quantify their impact and work more efficiently with their teams.
Self-funded, quickly growing, and remote-first, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019 and 2020. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, and customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
Muck Rack’s engineering team powers a platform that is meaningfully changing how journalists, PR pros, and marketers around the world work. We’re looking for a collaborative and self-motivated Front-End Developer to join our small but quickly growing team and make a big impact.
As a Front-End Developer you’ll work alongside the CTO, fellow software engineers, product managers, and designers, to ensure that our product looks great and works well with our clients. Our engineers are not siloed to any part of the application – everyone contributes everywhere.
Our tech stack includes Python, Django, Celery, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Vue, and Webpack. Our technology team is focused on scale, quality, delivery, and thoughtful customer experience. We ship frequently without sacrificing work/life balance.
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 3+ years professional experience as a Front-End Developer focused on performance and profiling.
- Possess strong communication skills and can explain ideas clearly, give and receive feedback, and work well with team members.
- Have worked on complex, high-traffic sites at a startup or Software-as-a-Service company.
- Understand multiple front-end frameworks (Vue, React, etc.).
- Have been a part of planning and building front-end end-to-end and unit testing.
- Are familiar with Linux or Unix environments and the command line.
- Have demonstrable Python/Django experience
- Have a good understanding of responsive design, grids, typography, and layout.
- Have a strong understanding of SEO principles and accessibility practices (ADA compliance).
- Desire to create something beautiful.
We are actively interviewing candidates across the US, Canada, Poland and Bulgaria only
Benefits of Working at Muck Rack
- Flexible remote-first company
- Off-the-grid vacation
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, and an Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted gym & bike memberships
- Opt-in disability and life insurance
- Subscription to Learning & Development platform
- Self funded means we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products and put our customers first
- Inclusive culture that listens to and welcomes diverse perspectives