In short: Full-time position at Gustav as Senior Full Stack Engineer (Elixir + React.js), fully remote.
Hi, we are Gustav 👋
- We build software that helps businesses to find & hire available temporary talent represented by the best staffing agencies in the world.
- Hundreds of staffing agencies already use Gustav and we are growing every day. We are aiming to build a world-class dev team helping to build a product to scale our customer base to thousands of companies.
- We have raised $4M+ so far and are backed by the world’s best venture capital firms and business angels including Y Combinator, Beenext, Speedinvest, Youtube co-founder Jawed Karim and many others who are supporting us in our vision to create the worlds largest recruitment marketplace for contract talent.
- We are a fully remote company with currently 12 employees located around the globe (Austria, Poland, US, India, Brazil, Venezuela, Zimbabwe).
As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will join a growing distributed team of currently 4 great software engineers. We are looking for somebody with great attention to detail and design. You should be Senior in either Elixir or React.js and at least have Junior experience in the other technology. If you have Senior experience in Ruby or Python and are interested in learning Elixir, this is definitely an option and we would also strongly encourage you to apply.
You will be working on all aspects of the application from coding up user interfaces and components to building new endpoints or integrations. Our team has a good sense of humor and enjoys having fun. If you want to be part of this journey and shape the future of staffing, continue reading.
What You’ll Do
- Implementing new features on our web application
- Solving complex programming challenges using functional programming languages (Elixir)
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use as specified by the UX team
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code integrated with the backend
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Collaborate with the development team to develop a strategy that enables a great user experience
- Continuously research new and best coding practices
- Doing regular code reviews/PR reviews for your colleagues
- Maintaining existing code and bug fixing
- Writing unit, integration and E2E tests
The Skills You’ll Need
- 5+ years real-world experience in software development
- Knowledge of Elixir and OTP at the level that allows you to write working, high-quality code (or experience in a similar language like Ruby, Python)
- Ability to write useful and maintainable tests
- Familiarity with relational databases (we mainly use Postgres)
- Good understanding of the most common architectural patterns and design principles
- Solid understanding of how web applications work
- Experience in React.js ecosystem (Redux, Sagas, styled-components) and its core principles
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, yarn, etc.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with version and source control, preferably Git
- Knowledge of the overall browser rendering behavior and measuring and optimizing performance
- Familiarity with various AWS tools such as S3, SQS, Lambda, etc.
- Experience with mobile web apps is a great plus
- Passion for user experience and user-centric development with a strong eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal that include leading design-related conversations, the ability to build and nurture good relationships and foster an environment for collaboration
- Strong team player who is able to self-manage time and deliverables proactively
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Self-starter and passionate learner
- Located in a European or US timezone
- Competitive salary and stock options.
🌈 Our stance
- We are anti-racist and fully support all genders. We love that everybody loves differently. And will make your life as easy as possible. No matter your cultural or religious needs.
- We will not ask about any of those things in an interview or later on. If you want to share your story, we’d love to listen. If not, that’s cool!
🎁 Our benefits
- 🏝 Work remotely: We believe in folks working where they are happiest and most productive. For this role, you would ideally be located in a US or European timezone.
- 💻 Home office setup + hardware/software coverage: Get a laptop and whatever hardware, software, or services you need and are reasonable to do your job.
- ⛺️ Minimum vacation: At least 25 days. If you feel the need for a break just let us know and we will make it happen.
- ✈️ Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers at least once per year.
- 📣 Make a big difference and grow with us: Work directly with company founders in a small and flexible team.