Aula is a remote-first 40-person team building a social learning platform. Our mission is to enable all educators to engage all students.
Powered by an ecosystem of integrations, Aula is the foundational layer in the university tech stack that shapes a whole industry.
We built Aula because we believe digital infrastructure should encourage community and participation-based learning.
The role: Full-Stack Engineer 👩🚀👨🚀
We’re looking for senior full-stack engineers to build features across the entire stack (front-end, back-end, mobile) and challenge our thinking on architecture.
What You’ll Do
Be a part of a high-performing and inclusive team that values autonomy
- Work with your Product Manager and teammates to set high goals — and celebrating success when we hit them
- Decide how work should get done, and be accountable for results
- Show leadership on projects and in tech specialisations
- Building new features from the ground up as well as improve existing our existing product
- Drive software best practices around quality, automation, reliability, and stability
- Pushing our thinking on core architecture choices and help improve upon the architecture in place. Weigh in on decisions like moving parts of our app to serverless.
- Working directly with Product Designers to build, maintain and improve design-first UI across devices
- Ensure consistency, performance, and reliability across distributions of Aula: web, desktop, iOS, Android
- Contributing to building a collaborative, productive and friendly remote workplace.
We’d love to hear from you if… 🔍
You’re the kind of person who…
- Wants to foster a culture of no-ego team players who put the product first.
- Thrives in caring and direct feedback environments, and considers yourself transparent, reliable and considerate.
- Appreciates the value of diverse and inclusive teams.
- Has solid debugging skills and can approach a tough problem with confidence.
- Learns quickly and pragmatically, using the resources available to you.
- Can arrange a working day with 6 hours of overlap with the workday in GMT, and is excited about remote work.
- Adds another perspective to our team — for example, engineers who identify as women, transgender, or non-binary.
- Is energised to join a startup journey with all the ups and downs.
You’ve done some of these things…
- Worked on both front-end and back-end, ideally for 5 years.
- Supported your code in production
- Have experience with automated testing and CI/CD (we use CircleCI)
- Led or contributed to projects from start to finish, and understand what it takes to keep a project on track
- Worked on a remote team using agile development practices