Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 4M users across 90k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised $73 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, the Slack Fund, and the founders of Instagram, Figma, and Front.
Loom makes it simple to create HD video content and have it instantly available to share with anyone in the world. Because of this simplicity, multiple years’ worth of video content is created on Loom every week from people in almost every country around the world, and this growth rate has been rapidly growing.
As our second iOS Engineer, you will work closely with Product and Go-To-Market teams to architect and implement features that will further enhance and add delight to the already magical experience of sending or viewing a Loom via our mobile application. This role comes with a high degree of autonomy, growth, and reward.
The entire mobile app is built using Swift, AVFoundation APIs, and our own custom encoding layer. The application interfaces with Loom’s infrastructure entirely via GraphQL. The infrastructure currently runs in the AWS ecosystem. We are using Docker, Node, React and Webpack.
- Architect and build user interfaces that are quick, polished, and flexible enough to change if required with Swift and the latest iOS APIs
- Ideate and iterate on existing video recording features and work intimately with our Core Video team
- You will collaborate with Product, Design, and Backend to architect features and break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines.
- You will own the products that you build and become the domain expert on those subjects within the organization.
- You will design tools and frameworks that empower the iOS team to ship quickly and with confidence
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years experience building native iOS applications
- Fluency in Swift. Objective-C experience is a plus
- A good balance between quick decision making and knowing when to ask for input
- Passion for UI fluidity and performance
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher
- Deep AVFoundation Experience is a plus
Perks at Loom:
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with 5% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Mental health and wellness reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Yearly off-site retreats (this year was in Barbados)
SF office perks
- Daily lunch on-site
- Unlimited snacks & drinks
- Remote week every other month
- Home office & technology reimbursement
- Co-working space reimbursement
- New-Hire on-boarding in San Francisco (optional)