Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
At Shopify, we want to make commerce better for everyone, everywhere. Countries differ in many ways in terms of language, culture, and how people engage with commerce. We want to embrace these differences and make Shopify the right platform for all merchants, no matter where they are on the planet.
About Content Strategy at Shopify:
We want to say this upfront: This isn’t a marketing or social media role.
Senior Product Content Strategists at Shopify collaborate with designers, developers, researchers, and product managers to design and build our user interfaces. We’re a close-knit team of more than 40 content strategists who work across the company to create clear, concise content that makes our products work better.
We’re looking for a UX-focused content strategist to plan and create interface content for Shopify products, and contribute to our team’s skills and growth. This position requires deep understanding of the role language plays in the UX design process.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Building the Shopify admin and tools, with a focus on building features for Germany, alongside designers, researchers, and front end developers
- Collaborating closely with other content strategists, reviewing and critiquing your teammates’ content to help them grow
- Actively contributing to developing new features, and continuously improving what we have today
- Evolving editorial and voice and tone standards across our products
- Using qualitative and quantitative research to inform your content decisions
- Defining and implementing information architecture and navigation systems across complex products
- Empowering everyone at Shopify to write their own great content by contributing to training, learning resources, and other support opportunities
You should have:
- Ability to speak and write fluently in German and English
- Content strategy experience, preferably in a product-focused environment
- Background working with cross-functional teams including UX designers, researchers, and engineers
- Experience writing and structuring language to respond to audience needs
- A portfolio of work you’ve done (bonus if it includes interface content or microcopy)
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement, and maintain content standards across an organization
- A foundational understanding of user-centered design techniques and how to apply them
- Empathy and advocacy for merchants and their buyers, in all areas of our work
- A collaborative, creative environment where we value experimentation and learning
- Autonomy (we don’t believe in micro-management)
- A healthy work-life balance with benefits such as parental leave, childcare benefits, flexible work hours, and a lifestyle spending account
- Being part of a UX team that’s tackling design challenges on a global scale—we’re genuinely committed to making commerce better for everyone, no matter where they’re located or their experience level
- Learning and growing with the best in the business and getting the support you need to do the best work of your career
- Building strong relationships with your teammates in a culture that values authenticity, openness, and diversity