Mmhmm is a new company from All Turtles that creates clear, compelling communications via video. Mmhmm helps people create a unique personal video presence and beautifully share content in a variety of contexts, from remote work, to online learning, to virtual events, or even just socializing.
As the Senior Product Manager for the mmhmm Service, you’ll build and ship the services and web experiences that power our product. You’ll do this by defining a product roadmap, breaking down complex problems into simple steps, and working with team members to get stuff done. This means working with our customer support, analytics, and user research teams to gather insights, but also being scrappy enough to do your own competitive research, to run your own SQL queries, and to meet directly with customers yourself. You can even check in your own code, if that’s your thing. Go ahead. We won’t stop you. You’ll have the freedom to do whatever needs to be done, while working independently and ruthlessly prioritizing your time. This is not to say we don’t value collaboration — we certainly do! As a fully-distributed global team, we do most of our work asynchronously on Slack or in Figma, and we save our synchronous meetings for decision-making, touchy-feely human things, and other important stuff.
You have a demonstrated history of balancing speed with process, of creating order out of chaos. You have good judgement, to understand while not being overly stickler about and being technically correct. You like to make work fun, and you’ll be able to infuse the product with just the right blend of personality and productivity. You pride yourself on your ability to speak and write clearly, preferring to tell it like it is rather than muddy things up with buzzwords. You love working in a team, but you don’t need a ton of socializing. You’re smart and you get things done, and you trust that your teammates do too.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Building scalable backend services and compelling user-facing web applications, e.g., a subscription checkout flow, and the commerce integrations that go with it.
- Working closely with the other product teams to provide tools and infrastructure that support the native mmhmm clients, like the content synchronization engine and room catalog.
- Defining the roadmap, leading execution, and working on Go To Market for our B2B product.
- Pitching in on anything else that needs doing (you’ll be the second PM on our very small team!)
IDEALLY, YOU’LL HAVE:
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager.
- A technical background, preferably a Computer Science degree and/or work experience as a software developer.
- Experience building backend systems and services for B2B SAAS products.
- Experience from small startups, or experience leading a smaller team within a larger company.
- Extra-strong execution skills and a high bar for releases, with the project management and leadership skills to get there.
The Senior Product Manager, Service is a full-time position reporting to the Lead Product Manager. This role is a remote position, and can be based in any location. Since our distributed team works primarily across US time zones, North and South American-based applicants are preferred. We offer comprehensive insurance benefits to our US-based employees and their qualifying dependents, in addition to flexible vacation, a 401(k), parental leave, and a suite of optional benefits and perks programs.