As the Senior Product Manager focusing on our mobile app, you will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of our first native iOS and Android product. You will interview customers, understand our major product flows and overall business objectives, and drive the creation of our mobile app strategy. Working with a cross-functional squad, you will bring the best app experience in the travel industry to life. We have some ambitious goals, but that’s never stopped someone like you (or us)!
Our customers have long asked for a native app experience because 1) it’s more convenient, 2) it provides a rich experience, and 3) they prefer to interact with brands they love via mobile apps versus mobile websites. It was never our goal to just build our website in app-form with push notifications. We know that if we are going to build an app, it needs to surpass our customers’ expectations and take our experience to a new level. With your help, we can deliver on that goal. With a much loved, highly performing app, we know we can further cement our place in our customers’ minds, as their most loved travel brand.
This role will report to the Head of Product.
In the short term, you will…
- Dive into our business to deeply understand our product and business goals
- Establish a regular cadence of facilitating product research and validating expectations by meeting with potential members and active members to better identify and understand their needs and desires as it relates to a native app
- Lead documentation and communication throughout the entirety of the product lifecycle for both technical processes as well as cross-functional teams that may be affected by changes as it relates to mobile
- Work with our internal and external Design teams to drive the final feature set and experience
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure that our apps are our flagship experience and properly reflect our brand
- Kick off our execution, including setting the cadence and process for our dedicated mobile app development squad, including roadmap & sprint planning
In the long term, you will…
- Own the strategy and execution of our mobile apps, from v1 and beyond, for both iOS and eventually Android. We will look to you to drive continual innovation with our app, including the development of “app-only” experiences
- Understand our business’ needs in regards to staffing and make recommendations to hire in order to develop a best-in-class mobile team
What you bring to the table
- Innovation: You have a track record of not only optimizing existing product lines, but building new, revenue-generating product lines from the ground-up that drive the business forward.
- Design Mind: You have worked with one or more famous brands before and you know how to build experiences that captivate and map to increasing brand equity
- Product Execution: You have experience in every stage of the product cycle - planning, discovery, development, testing, and analysis.
- Data Driven: You love data analysis and hypothesis-driven experimentation and have worked closely with data analysts in past roles.
- Change Agent: You aren’t afraid to think outside the box and have the ability to lead without authority, understand others perspectives, and interpret those opinions and validate with data to build great products alongside the team.
- Simplifying Complexity: You are able to deeply understand and simplify complex systems and processes through product innovation and automation.
- Big Picture Thinking: You are able to develop products that tie together the internal tooling with member-facing products.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- 3-5 years of native mobile app Product Management experience at a well-known consumer brand
- Comfortability with ambiguity
- Strong knowledge of software development processes and agile development
- Experience with various app tools, plugins and frameworks, so you can help us evaluate major app technology choices
- Experiencing conducting customer interviews and using the insights to build high-impact products
- Impeccable ability to effectively collaborate in a highly cross-functional environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and plan to work full-time in the United States
Nice to have’s:
- Deep understanding of growth loops
- Experience working within the travel industry
- Subscription experience
Why you might love working here
- 100% remote work environment, so go ahead and bring your dog to work or wear your PJ’s to the office
- Open vacation policy, with a 3 week minimum!
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with a 5% match
- Up to 12-weeks of paid family leave
- Meetup meals when you cross paths with a co-worker
- Continuing education & development reimbursement
- Yearly team retreat (In 2019, we went to Riviera Maya. Last year, we had a daily costume contest and went virtual!)
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day