Apollo.io’s mission is to help every business to fulfill their full market potential by connecting companies with amazing solutions with those who need them most. We’ve built a database of 250 million business contacts and 10 million companies, and our software helps sales and marketing identify and convert their most likely potential customers. We’ve raised over $10 million from Silicon Valley investors such as Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, and Social Capital, and are profitable and continuously growing. We’re headquartered in San Francisco, CA with a brilliant worldwide remote team.
Apollo is the foundation of your entire go-to-market strategy.
Your Role & Mission
At its core, the Sr. Product Marketing Manager needs a deep understanding of the customer and the market, to ensure that:
- A product and its new features are appropriately positioned on the market,
- Sales and marketing teams have all the necessary knowledge and materials enabling them to attract new customers,
- The product could satisfy the target audience’s needs and overcome their pain points,
- Product demand and adoption are on continuous rise, and
- The product remains relevant as markets evolve.
- You are someone who is creative, a quick learner, and is deeply curious
- You have excellent written and strong verbal communication skills
- You have a deep understanding of product marketing fundamentals
- You are a strategic thinker and have a good eye for design
- You are naturally customer obsessed and have deep customer empathy
- You are intelligent and have a high EQ
- Strong team player
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.