Do you love exploring market opportunities that fuel revenue growth? Are you skilled at creating product marketing materials that make a measurable impact in new and existing markets? If so, Very is looking for someone like you! The Sr. Product Marketing Manager role is responsible for product positioning, content creation, and sales enablement and training for Very’s services. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this collaborative role will work alongside the services, sales, and marketing teams to help fuel our growth.
Very is a fast-growing, ten-year-old consultancy with a focus on delivering superior products in the new and exciting field of Internet of Things (IoT). Along with doing great work for our clients, we’ve always enjoyed building tools that help us work faster. Sometimes, we turn these tools into innovative new products. While this role will initially focus on marketing our IoT product development services, you will also have the opportunity to work with our portfolio of ventures in the future.
Responsibilities as a Senior Product Marketing Manager
Lead and evolve product marketing for Very with responsibility for the following:
- Develop the overall go-to-market strategy for all Very services and execute the plan with the support of Very’s brand and demand teams
- Start as a direct contributor with the opportunity to build out the product marketing team in the years to come
- Develop positioning and messaging that clearly defines and differentiates Very’s services in the market
- Write sales and marketing materials including presentations, website pages, datasheets, FAQ, whitepapers, etc.
- Research and analyze competitive trends and insights and update the executive team on findings
- Work collaboratively to develop marketing plans, presentations, and sales tools to support new and existing services
- Conduct robust customer and market research: conduct customer interviews, create and analyze surveys, win/loss reports, and competitive moves
- Represent and evangelize the company as a domain expert during customer interactions and industry and corporate events.
Requirements for the Senior Product Marketing Manager
We’re looking for an ambitious leader that’s eager to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial, enterprising, collaborative, and personable and have these qualifications:
- At least 5 years of relevant B2B tech experience
- Ability to collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to create appropriate sales enablement collateral (presentations, datasheets, FAQ, whitepapers, etc.)
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy
- Experience working in a fast-paced, always changing environment
- Experience taking initiative, working independently and actively to resolve issues, and taking ownership of projects and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel for customer meetings, attend events, etc… (10% or less)
- Familiarity with the Internet of Things (IoT) space
- At least 2 years of management experience
- Experience at a professional services firm or consultancy
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Management
- Experience performing well in a dynamic, geographically diverse environment
How You’ll Be Compensated
We believe in a transparent, fair compensation structure and have developed our own open salary formula. Depending on your skills and experience, you can expect your base compensation to be somewhere between $100,000 and $115,000 upon joining the company. We also offer annual performance bonuses, healthcare, 401K matching, a generous maternity/paternity leave policy, and numerous other employee benefits including reimbursement for home office equipment.