Tanium QA Engineers are responsible for testing products built on the Tanium platform. This will involve working with developers and product managers to construct & execute test plans, plan for functional, performance & regression testing, file detailed bugs, and providing visibility through project updates.
Strong technical skills are essential. If you are not comfortable hunting down resource leaks while simulating hundreds of thousands of clients, digging into the guts of windows security configuration or scripting environment configuration for dozens of target OS’s, this may not be the place for you. If these things sound as exciting to you as they do to us, then Tanium could be your new home!
What you’ll do:
- Utilize project management and leadership skills to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects throughout the entire software development cycle
- Author and execute test plans and test cases
- Manage resources, project plans, estimates and timelines
- Review test plans, monitor test progress, and distribute test reports
- Understand business requirements and develop test cases against them
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or other relevant degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance/Testing experience (enterprise level preferred)
- Solid understanding of manual and black box testing experience
- Solid understanding of operating systems (Linux & Windows preferred); how they are installed and configured
- Solid understanding of network security, experience in using packet capture tools is a plus
- Must be familiar with terms like authentication, file signature, and certificates
- Project management skills a plus