Pitch, a new company from the makers of Wunderlist, is looking for a Senior React Native Engineer to join our mobile team onsite in Berlin or remote. As a mobile team, we are on a mission to deliver an excellent presentation experience to mobile devices by building an open group of people that communicates explicitly, leverages modern cross-platform technology, applies automation techniques and ships on a daily basis.
What you will be doing
- You will participate in the development process of product features, and not simply reimplement features for mobile platforms.
- You will join a small team of experienced developers building a cross-platform mobile application.
- You will collaborate with your peers to define the architecture, quality standards, and best practices.
- You will have an opportunity to work not only on the product but also on the development tools and continuous integration services.
- You will work closely with our designers, teaming up in small cross-functional teams to bring features from idea to concept to wireframes to prototype to final implementation.
- You will be using Clojure/Script to create functional UI components and application logic. Experience with Clojure/Script is welcomed but not required.
- You will work on the mobile app built with React Native and, if you’re interested, on the frontend (Electron and web) and backend projects to build simple, high-quality, maintainable, and well-tested solutions.
What you will bring along
- You are an experienced React Native engineer with a track record of shipping high quality applications.
- You know foundations and several frameworks from the Android SDK very well.
- You are interested (or experienced) in working with web technologies, and perhaps Clojure/Script. As mentioned, experience with Clojure/Script is welcomed but not required.
- You are comfortable debugging problems anywhere in the mobile application stack: persistence, networking or user interface.
- You are interested in designing and creating effective user interfaces for smartphones and tablets.
- You are product oriented, combining thoughtfulness with pragmatism and a will to get stuff done. You are calm and focused under pressure, and consider work-life balance essential for long-term happiness and productivity.
- You believe effective and successful work is made possible by clear and honest communication, with a shared understanding of the long-term vision and immediate next actions. When you don’t fully understand something, you ask lots of questions and use the opportunity to learn and grow.
Sounds good? Impress us with the most exciting projects you worked on. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you’re looking for an incredible opportunity and a great place to work, we’re excited to consider your application!
We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds (including dogs).