We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us to help build a completely fresh v2 implementation of Lagoon’s GraphQL API, and build robust integrations with the other core Lagoon elements. If you have strong existing experience in API development, and want to be part of a Global team driving our open source products and systems forward, then this role could be a fit!
amazee.io is a global Managed Service Provider, specialising in high-performance, flexible, enterprise-grade container hosting solutions built for speed, security, and scalability, with a fully remote, worldwide team. We empower large scale organizations with better deployment processes, the freedom of local development, a flexible container-based hosting platform that can be located anywhere in the world, and 24/7 white-glove support and services.
Our container hosting is built on Lagoon, the open-source build and deploy platform for Kubernetes that amazee.io has been developing since 2017. Lagoon provides projects with all the Kubernetes configuration, tooling and insights needed to run in production at scale, securely.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with our engineering teams, customers and power users to draw up the optimal spec for the Lagoon API
- Building and releasing a v2 API (alongside our current v1 implementation), gradually adding services and capabilities
- Using common industry techniques and design patterns for developing and specifying APIs, enabling ecosystems to grow around them
- Designing and building test frameworks (and accompanying mocks) for the API
- Working with the engineering team to develop complementary client libraries
What you’ll bring:
- Extensive experience building and developing GraphQL (and REST) APIs in Node.js (and/or Go, Python…)
- Experience with implementing and extending a range of GraphQL server libraries
- Testing, testing (and more testing)
- Experience and understanding of the pros (and cons) of schema-first API design
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices and Cloud infrastructure
- Keen understanding of security, performance optimization and reliability needs
What we’ll bring:
- Work in a distributed team of creative professionals in a flat international organization
- Tackle projects with a large multinational customers
- Opportunity to help build a first-class open-source hosting environment
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work hours/locations
- 40-hour working week / 5 weeks of vacation
- Biennial soft and hardware budget
- Attend conferences and workshops to extend your knowledge
- Annual education and fitness budgets for your development and wellbeing
- Anywhere you have an internet connection. This is a remote position, although we have a preference for an Australia/NZ, or European time zone for your working hours.