We are a group of dedicated and passionate professionals all working together to transform the way businesses improve. We enable our customers to standardize their work processes, reduce training time, and meet compliance standards. Come join the team that is redefining training documentation and making standard work an industry standard. We’re a growing company, and hope to add to the experience and creativity of our team, and fill gaps in our experience as we add new people!
We strive to be an inclusive place to work, dedicated to hiring people from a wide variety of backgrounds, and that means we’re an equal opportunity employer. If you’re disabled, a member of the LGBT community, or from any other under-represented group or protected class, give us a chance to hear from you! We’re not perfect, but we hope you’ll find our company is welcoming and accommodating to everyone. If you have any questions about this or need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to e-mail email@example.com.
Dozuki is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our core product team who can thrive in a remote-friendly work environment. The product team works on Dozuki’s core web platform and is crucial to the company’s success. We’ve maintained 99.9% uptime for our cloud deployment, and we strive to get that as close to 100% as possible for our customers who depend on our platform being available 24/7.
As a Senior Engineer of our product team, you will be a core driver for making platform improvements and developing new features. You will be expected to deliver high quality, maintainable, and well-tested code. You will lead technical discussions, review teammates’ code, and be empowered to make mission-critical decisions. The product team holds daily stand-ups, weekly plannings, and monthly product team process improvement meetings. You will have the freedom to choose which issues you want to work on which may range from new features, infrastructure improvements, platform maintenance, and bug fixes.
The Dozuki platform runs a LAMP stack at its core. Our cloud offering runs each of our services in AWS, while our on-premise offering runs our services in a swarm of Docker containers with middleware integrations to help manage those deployments. The following skills and technologies are central to working on our platform.
- PHP 7.1
- Git for code version control
- PHPUnit for automated testing
- CI/CD pipelines
- Linux command-line tools
While we work with a wide variety of technologies, we value your ability to learn more than prior experience. The only requirements you must possess are:
- General Linux command-line chops
- Ability to work with a distributed VCS like git
- Familiarity with a scripting language (Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
- A strong understanding of web architecture, distributed systems, and networking principles
- An intense desire for consistency
- You must be a US citizen. Unfortunately, various restrictions on our business require this. 😢
Things that will make you stand out
- Experience creating software for enterprise-level companies
- Knowledge in using React (or similar front-end technology) to develop web applications
- Strong background in developing fast, efficient, scalable, and highly available web services
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, and can lead discussions on web service design and architecture
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and web service orchestration
- Past work with caching services such as Memcached
- Self-motivated and able to manage yourself
- Excellent communication skills and can provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members
Benefits and Perks:
- 💰 Competitive Salary
- 🤒 Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 💻 Company-provided hardware
- 🏝 Full-time remote candidates encouraged
- 📈 401(k) matching
- 🍼 Generous parental family leave policy
- ⛺️ Flexible schedules & time off
- 🍽 2-3 catered meals every week 🐶 Dog-friendly office
Working for a small company on a tight-knit team is a chance to manifest your creativity in a way that will make a big difference in the final product. If you want to make incredible software with us, please apply.
Upload a PDF of your resume as well as a short cover letter (BOTH ARE REQUIRED) explaining two things: the achievements and skills you’re most proud of, and why you’re the ideal candidate for this job.