About This Role
Hello prospective pickle! Design Pickle is expanding our product engineering team and looking for a Senior Software Engineer to keep our product moving forward with beautiful and clean code.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing tech-enabled services company that is well-positioned to grow further onto the international stage.
Reports to: Engineering Director
On a daily basis, works closely with: Product team, and cross functional with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success
Location: Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We’re a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don’t stress if pickles aren’t your thing. It’s not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though because our employees’ uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we’re looking for individuals who have…
- Enthusiasm for our purpose: To be the most helpful creative company in the world.
- 6+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) and analytics products (e.g., Looker, Pendo, Amplitude).
- Interest in new technologies such as Elixir or Golang.
- Proven track record of building highly available, scalable, and sustainable products; passionate about the products you build, how they look, how they feel, and how they perform.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills - we’re a remote first company so effective communication is vital.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
Other qualities we are looking for include:
- An astute eye for process improvements
- Proven track record of building and/or improving company culture.
- Exceptional written communication - we’re a remote first company so effective communication is vital
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS™).
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
As a fast-growing company, our roles are always evolving. However, we want you to know exactly what you’re walking into. In the first 90-days, here is a preview of what’s expected:
- Collaborate with Engineers, Product Managers, Product Designers, and other teams in an agile environment to ensure smooth delivery and execution of projects.
- Provide technical leadership and help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Experiment and drive a/b testing, associated metrics for success and helping shape the experiments that will drive the business forward.
- Receive close guidance and mentorship from engineering and product leaders, as well as code reviews from peers.
- Build and improve our company culture.