Graphite is a high-growth “gig economy” company that is powering the future of work. Our mission is to enable seamless access to the world’s best independent talent. The Graphite platform connects Fortune 2000 companies with highly skilled independent talent for on-demand, remote freelance work. Over 50% of the workforce is expected to be independent by 2027, and Graphite is capitalizing on the megatrend of freelancing and remote work becoming embedded in the global economy. The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated a major shift in the economy towards remote work, creating a tailwind and causing our business and industry to explode in 2021.
Graphite has raised $20M from top tier venture capital firms, including Accomplice, Communitas Capital, Alumni Ventures Group and Correlation Ventures.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Senior Engineer to join our team and help build our cutting edge, best-in-class platform to enable the future of work.
We value owners who love to learn and care deeply about getting the details right – as a senior engineer at Graphite, you’ll shape core parts of the product & infrastructure and be highly independent and autonomous. We are all about quality and building beautiful, intuitive user experiences.
As a senior member of the team, you’ll be a critical influence on both product and team direction – you’ll also receive generous equity and have a meaningful impact on growing its value.
- Work directly with Product Management and Design to build highly engaging user experiences
- Architect high-quality, scalable software designsLead complex development projects from inception to completion
- Use a variety of languages, frameworks, and technologies to own & solve problems end-to-end
- Take initiative to automate tasks via modern tools and scripting
- Mentor Software Engineers to develop their knowledge & skills through advice, training, and 1:1 coaching
- Help shape the processes, culture, and future of a growing Engineering team
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, or similar field
- 8+ years experience building scalable, production web applications with 1 or more server-side web language (our app runs on PHP)
- Deep experience with one or more modern MVC frameworks
- Extensive JS experience, preferably with a modern JS framework
- Strong understanding of datastores and schema / query design
- Demonstrated strong UI / UX instincts
- A strong inclination towards clean, scalable code
- Competitive salary & equity package
- Full benefits: 100% employer coverage of health, dental, & vision insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Flexible vacation policy
- Customized workstation
- Choice of remote or in-office