GitHub is looking for a well-rounded full stack engineer to help boost growth and brand awareness across GitHub’s various products.
- Build GitHub’s marketing properties into an experience that impacts business, KPIs, scales seamlessly, and is widely loved by developers.
- Write clear, scalable, and well tested production quality code with an emphasis on maintainability.
- Develop tools and define processes that ensure an exceptional level of quality throughout the whole team’s output.
- Contribute to GitHub’s experimentation frameworks, and leverage industry-leading tools and best practices for development, measurement, and implementation.
- As a technical leader, identify big needle-moving opportunities, evaluate feasibility, recommend solutions, and play a large role in decision making.
- Guide and define key roadmap initiatives that will impact business objectives.
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, and stakeholders across product, marketing, and sales. Communicate persuasively with peers to inspire cooperation.
- Mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the growth of other developers on the team.
- Help recruit, interview, and generally make GitHub a great home for developers.
We’re looking for:
- 4+ years building web applications.
- Comfortable working alongside designers and building beautiful, accessible, and standards compliant web interfaces with HTML and CSS.
- A high bar for writing clean, maintainable, scalable, and well-tested code.
- Eagerness to get your hands dirty, learn new things, and leave things better than you found them.
- Ability to navigate large codebases and get up to speed independently.
- Excellent communication skills and an eagerness to collaborate and share knowledge with teammates.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.