Orderlion is a B2B marketplace for restaurants and their suppliers with € 2M funding growing to € 100M GMV.
Orderlion is a fast-growing tech startup in the gastronomy industry with offices in Germany and Austria. We completely change the way restaurants and hotels order food & drinks from all their suppliers. With our technology, we are digitizing one of the few analog industries left.
Orderlion was founded in 2018 by experienced industry experts to make the food industry more transparent & sustainable. We quickly scaled from 4 to almost 20 employees in less than two years and are now active in more than 50 cities in Germany, Austria, France, Switzerland and the Czech Republic. Along the way, we won several awards, raised € 2 Mio. in funding and aim for € 100 Mio. GMV through our platform.
What will I be doing 🚀
As an experienced engineer you will:
- Develop technical plans and contribute to our technical architecture as we scale our products to serve tens of thousands of orders every day
- Ship a change to production on your first day and a feature in your first week. You will work on both, our React Native iOS & Android app (for restaurants) and our web-app (for suppliers)
- Grow your team’s capacity by mentoring other engineers and interviewing candidates. This is a chance to be an integral part of building and growing a team
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3-5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role, designing & building complex web-applications
- Experience with modern tool-chains (NPM, git)
- Experience with writing unit & integration tests
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end, from research through planning and scoping to implementation
- Experience or desire to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team with design & product
We are an ambitious team where everyone is constantly trying to improve him/herself. Every member of our team can work autonomously, make their own decisions and find solutions to achieve their goals.
In addition, we offer lots of benefits to our new lions 🦁:
👑 Be able to shape and influence how we work, have your own opinion and build something
👨👩👧👦 You will own part of the company as we offer ESOPs for this position
🚀 We care less about working hours & attendance and more about outcome & impact
🏝 Work remotely or from our lovely office in the heart of Vienna 5th district
🏋 Free use of our office gym (currently in pause due to Covid19)
🍺 Two well-known beer producers are fighting for our love, that’s why we are the only company in Vienna with its own beer barrel - have your meetings over a freshly tapped, cold beer 😎
What happens when I apply? 🤓
We will invite you to a 30-45 minutes call with HR to assess if we are a fit for each other. The next step will be a phone interview with our current (and leaving) Head of Product which will focus mostly on product-related questions. Following this, you will join us for half a day (remote) to get to know the team and to complete a real-life assessment. In the final step, you will have the opportunity to have a 1-1 with our CEO on a video call.