At Fishtown Analytics, our mission is to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. The product we create, dbt (data build tool, https://getdbt.com), is used by thousands of companies every week, and that number is growing fast. We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to support our Engineering team in delivering the entire dbt product portfolio to our customers.
Who we are
At Fishtown Analytics, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Over the course of the past several years we’ve built a community of 4,000+ people and 1,300 companies who are using our ideas, products, and workflows to conduct analytics, including Lyft, Monzo, GitLab, Snowflake, the ACLU, Amazon, JetBlue, and RentTheRunway. Our product, dbt (https://www.getdbt.com/), has come to be synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry.
We’re on a mission to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. If this sounds like a mission you could get behind, we’re excited to get your help to continue to power this growth into the future.
In this role you can expect to…
- Work closely with engineering team to uncover issues with our development process, and supply processes and tooling to solve those issues
- Maintain our production infrastructure running on Kubernetes in AWS
- Develop against our IaC repositories with Kustomize and Terraform
- Inform strategic decisions about how our production infrastructure will evolve over time
- Help us make our deployment process as boring and uneventful as possible
You are probably a good fit if…
- You feel very comfortable in a bash shell
- You’ve used IaC tools in a production deployment
- You’ve maintained infrastructure in a major Cloud provider
- You have experience with CI tools like Jenkins or CircleCI
You have an edge if you…
- Have managed production deployments in Kubernetes or AWS
- Have software development experience in your background
- Have experience working on a remote team
- Salary: $70k - $110k
- Equity: .02% - .05%
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, 401k w/ 3% guaranteed contribution, health/vision/dental insurance, and paid parental leave